RidePlate Extention ?!

I know I saw some where on the forum that there is a RidePlate Extention but I can not finde it?! Anybody in here knows what I'm talking about?
    I'll be interested to see one.

Pete

+1
    Pete, back in 2004 i welded a 2" extension on my ride plate. It improved hook up tremendously but also scrubbed 2+ mph. I ended up cutting the extension down to 1" and the speed loss was much less. Around 1 mph and i still had improved hookup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	extension.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	157404  

yes i remember for this. Thanks
    Do You have a picture that i can see how it looks like from under the ski? and what would you say how would this extention work with pump extention?

Pete

+1
    I don't have a pic from under the plate but it looked just like the existing ride plate.... just extended 2"

I wouldn't waste my time with an extension if you are going with a pump extension kit. The extension kit is going to improve your hook up in a big way. No need to extend the ride plate which will slow you down.

+1
    Here are some picture of the rideplate extension Mitch did on my 04 RXP a few years back before I switched to the X

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    Here are some picture of the rideplate extension Mitch did on my 04 RXP a few years back before I switched to the X
    how did you feel the ski was handeling? Lake Anna can be wey chopy some times.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I don't have a pic from under the plate but it looked just like the existing ride plate.... just extended 2"

I wouldn't waste my time with an extension if you are going with a pump extension kit. The extension kit is going to improve your hook up in a big way. No need to extend the ride plate which will slow you down.
    I tested my T-x for the first time since I redid the PumpTunnel. Plus I added the Riva ride plate and worx intake. Wind/rane combination the water was rough. When I started riding the ski felt differt. It got unhoocket every second. Fiew monthago I put the Riva sponsons on and it felt like the ski got unstable on high speed.
    So.....since 85% of my riding is in rough water I need to set up my ski for the best possible way (if want to compite next year)
    I was thinking of switching back to stock sponsons, add MiniRude SC/50' injectors, live Riva plate and go with pump extention.

What do you think how would the ski handle?

Pete

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    how did you feel the ski was handeling? Lake Anna can be wey chopy some times.
    At the time I thought the ski handled pretty well. Since then though we've changed our handling package and neither of my skies have the ride plate extension other than that 04 which is now a rec ski.

Personally for rough water I love my RR pump, but I've never tried the pump extension. I know Mitch had a pump extension on his RXP and he seemed to like it a lot. Since the pump extension is a lot cheaper than the RR pump I'd probably give that a try.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    I tested my T-x for the first time since I redid the PumpTunnel. Plus I added the Riva ride plate and worx intake. Wind/rane combination the water was rough. When I started riding the ski felt differt. It got unhoocket every second. Fiew monthago I put the Riva sponsons on and it felt like the ski got unstable on high speed.
    So.....since 85% of my riding is in rough water I need to set up my ski for the best possible way (if want to compite next year)
    I was thinking of switching back to stock sponsons, add MiniRude SC/50' injectors, live Riva plate and go with pump extention.

What do you think how would the ski handle?

Pete
    Pete, just reading your post above, and on the T-X with stock rideplate, worx intake grate and stock sponsons you should be hooked up like a dream and not be coming unhooked.
    Either the riva plate or different sponsons has changed your ski as the setup I just listed above is awesome in the rough.

Thread Information