Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How well do you know your parts??

I know this is a shot in the dark but I found this washer at the bottom of my hull near the gas tank. Kinda concerned because I'm sure a bolt was once attached to it! Ski seems ok although it might be running a little rough in terms of vibration. F1 oil light came on today after an oil change and 20 min of hard riding and than went away. No loss of oil or oil in the hull so pan is ok. Total nube question but anyone know where it might have come from. I degreased the entire engine/hull and looked around w/ a little flashlight and felt all over w a magnet and my hand for a bolt or empty hole and found nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030 (2).JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	157424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	157425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029 (2).JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	157426  

+1
    looks like a seat base washer or panel washer or from the two bolts on intake up front. nothing like that on the motor i wouldnt be to concerned

Check all 4 of your engine mounts, that looks like a thick washer from one of your mounts. Hard to tell from blurry pic.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    looks like a seat base washer or panel washer or from the two bolts on intake up front. nothing like that on the motor i wouldnt be to concerned
    All seat base and intake bolts/washer are intact. Panel washer?? My concern is more the loose bolt penetrating my oil pan or something like that. Just trying to track it down for piece of mind. Good info though...any other areas of intrest you can think of? Still want to know what a panel washer is?

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Check all 4 of your engine mounts, that looks like a thick washer from one of your mounts. Hard to tell from blurry pic.
    Sorry brother...Iphone camera. Will check them asap as that may be it. Would explain the added viberation. Also, would love to get together sometime soon. I have some cash and a few Coronas to trade for new bearings in the SC pullies and a new belt. Maybe pump bearings too if your not super busy. I'm going on 80hrs and those 2 tasks are out of my league. Shoot me an email if your up to it. [email protected] Saw a dark blue and black teamoto ski a few weeks ago in a driveway near my house. You got a few guys in my area? Id love to find one or two who know how to tackle some of the scarier projects for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    All mounts intact. Small ammount of oil puddled up near tank. Hopefully just runoff frome degreasing hull. Cleaned it up good and will see if more shows up. Ill keep searching and keep u posted. Hope that damn pan is ok

+1
    its not the washer from the bolt when you did the timing wheel? bit hard to see exactly what size washer it is thin/thick 8-12mm. panel washer is one that is holding all your plastics on they are thin stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    its not the washer from the bolt when you did the timing wheel? bit hard to see exactly what size washer it is thin/thick 8-12mm. panel washer is one that is holding all your plastics on they are thin stainless.
    I hope not! Skip did the timing mod over 6 months ago! Washer is about as thick as a nickel(maybe a bit thiner) and about the size of a quater in diameter. I'll keep searching and keep you posted. Thanks for the help...I know it's kinda a silly thread but ur suggestions are helping me rule areas out.

Bolt below fuel intake to drain water from intake maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    Bolt below fuel intake to drain water from intake maybe??
    Intact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information