Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Throttle cable adjustment

    Can anyone tell me where the throttle cable adjustment is on a 1300r?
    I've done a search and came up with a picture but it was so close up I couldn't tell where it was. Can you get to the adjustment without taking the exhaust pipe off?


  2. #2
    Mike xsockguyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,744
    +1
    2
    Its very hard to adjust it with out taking the pipe off. Did the cable fall off? Normally you dont have to adjust it. I adjust mine from the throttle lever if I needed too.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    Its very hard to adjust it with out taking the pipe off. Did the cable fall off? Normally you dont have to adjust it. I adjust mine from the throttle lever if I needed too.
    So you can adjust it from the hand throttle at the handlebars.

    My ski has slack at the throttle lever. When i start to pull the throttle, it moves about 2 millimeters before it starts pulling the cable.

  4. #4
    Cool. I just finished adjusting. Now no slack. thanks a bunch

  5. #5
    Mike xsockguyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,744
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ledouxmike View Post
    Cool. I just finished adjusting. Now no slack. thanks a bunch
    No Prob. glad it worked out

  6. #6
    if you still have the stock oil injection, you want to be sure that the oil pump lever is set to spec.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    if you still have the stock oil injection, you want to be sure that the oil pump lever is set to spec.
    Should that be done when adjusting the throttle cable? How do you do that?

  8. #8
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by ledouxmike View Post
    Cool. I just finished adjusting. Now no slack. thanks a bunch
    do you know if adjusting the cable is the same on the fzr? and how did you go about adjusting it? thx

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    do you know if adjusting the cable is the same on the fzr? and how did you go about adjusting it? thx
    Don't know if it's the same.

    What i did was loosen the nut at the throttle lever then unscrewed the cable till the slack was out when the throttle was set to wide open. Then tightened the nut back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 93 seadoo xp 650 throttle cable adjustment
    By 2blue in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 01:14 AM
  2. throttle cable adjuster msx 140
    By boosis in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 09:39 PM
  3. throttle cable adjustment
    By Snoman in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 10:51 AM
  4. N/A 4 tec throttle cable adjustment
    By Billd in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 01:49 PM
  5. Throttle cable adjustment after finger throttle install?
    By Griff350 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •