MILF -Most Interesting Little Female Rxpx-Milf's Avatar

WTF Cracked Tunnel on PX

WTF. I was just checking everything in and out of my Hull to make sure all was the way it should be, since I was going to Hydrodrags for stock class.When boom I see tunnel cracks all in the inside of my px, starting from the carbon seal, all the way up to like to the vts bracket.

+1
    Nothing new ... I have a 2005 and posted a few threads long ago about what I found and how I fixed it. Gelcoat cracks happen to many RXP/Ts no matter what year ... they are not uncommon in the tunnel at all.

Guess its goodbye Hydrodrags for me, at least this year.

+1
    If they are just cracks, with no gelcoat chips missing, I would run the Hydrodrags, then put a layer or two of carbon fiber/epoxy resin in the tunnel when the 'drags are over. You might be surprised how many RXPs have hairline gelcoat cracks in the tunnels ... sneak around with a strong flashlight sometime and look at other tunnels, I bet you will find at least 50% have some hairline cracks and the owners have no idea. Many people run their skis for years and never have issues or even know they have cracks in the gel ... but some delaminate too. There are a lot of threads on the RXT-X tunnel cracks, but not much on the P-Xs, so my guess is yours are superficial and not structural like the T-Xs. Still, I did not want to worry about mine either, so if it worries you, for very little money and effort you can fix it.

Thanks for the info, since the repair on a px, tunnel is different to the tx. know of any threads I can reffer to fixing it on my px. I'll be fixing it myself since I don't know if my warranty will cover it and even if the warraty does cover it, I dont want to be left with out my ski for months wating on there repair. And advice on what type of fiber glass mat to use, also any specific benifit on using carbon fiber vs regular glass. I've never worked on carbon fiber B4. only regual glass when I was doing work on my 1969 Trans Am.

The cracks I had on my RXT were very small spider cracks. If you have tiny cracks in the gel coat that some come from a single spot and spider out... I would not run it at all and have it checked first.

My tech told me when you see the cracks in the gel coat the inside layer is probably heavily cracked already. You could end up shredding the entire bottom out if it ruptures at high speed.

When I don't want to run it and put additional stress on the cracks until I can really get in the there and access the damage.I guess I have a long weekend coming up then.I will post some pics of the damage and repair as I work on it. Whats suck A## is I was going to rivas tommarow to get the pro series Supercharger housing, and injectors. to install B4 hydrodrags.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxpx-Milf View Post
    WTF. I was just checking everything in and out of my Hull to make sure all was the way it should be, since I was going to Hydrodrags for stock class.When boom I see tunnel cracks all in the inside of my px, starting from the carbon seal, all the way up to like to the vts bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxpx-Milf View Post
    When I don't want to run it and put additional stress on the cracks until I can really get in the there and access the damage.I guess I have a long weekend coming up then.I will post some pics of the damage and repair as I work on it. Whats suck A## is I was going to rivas tommarow to get the pro series Supercharger housing, and injectors. to install B4 hydrodrags.
    If all the PXs guys looked real hard at their tunnels, I bet most would see hairline cracks. I know of a few running with them with over 100 hours.

I see you want to run stock class. The SCer housing must be OEM stock, no mods. Also, I believe you must run stock injectors in stock class. But you can run a aftermarket ECU(Les Cooke) with lightweight retainers. A FPR to fine tune your AFR.

+1
    Oh yeah. Your exhaust is illegal for stock class, too.
    Last edited by jp1300r; 11-01-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: SP

+1
    Here are a couple threads on tunnel cracks and repair ... there are also a lot of them focusing on T-Xs.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=tunnel

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=tunnel

Thread Information