Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you extend an extended warranty?

If a 2006 Seadoo warranty is going to expire in 2010 can you extend it for longer? Thanks

+1
    My dealer said you can, but it'll cost more than what it would with the initial purchase.

Make sure if you extend the warranty, that it is a BRP warranty; all others should be considered worthless for a BRP product... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanw80 View Post
    If a 2006 Seadoo warranty is going to expire in 2010 can you extend it for longer? Thanks
    I don't think so, you will have had a total of 4 years of coverage and BRP won't extend it any more to my knowledge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I don't think so, you will have had a total of 4 years of coverage and BRP won't extend it any more to my knowledge.
    Yes, according to the BRP website, 4 years max.

+1
    Then why did BRP offer a 5 year limited warranty this year for American customers? Seems a little contradictory.

BRP had some insurance regulation humps to get over. They wanted to originally sell 4 year extended warranties (on top of the 1 year which comes with each new machine) for a total of 5 years. But state insurance regulations like in Florida forbid this practice. They limit extended warranties for personal watercraft to 3 years, this will soon change (supposedly) in Florida, new insurance regulations will be implemented, for better consumer protection (YEA RITE').

I WOULD GUESS THAT ONE OF THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS WOULD BE IF YOU SKI OR LIVE EAST OF 95 OR WEST OF 95........

If you have a lapse in coverage with BRP, you cannot get coverage with them again, like you were able to in the past. Because the secondary insurance company that wrote policies for BRP went bankrupt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTA17 View Post
    BRP had some insurance regulation humps to get over. They wanted to originally sell 4 year extended warranties (on top of the 1 year which comes with each new machine) for a total of 5 years. But state insurance regulations like in Florida forbid this practice. They limit extended warranties for personal watercraft to 3 years, this will soon change (supposedly) in Florida, new insurance regulations will be implemented, for better consumer protection....
    Interesting, where are you getting that info... do you have a link for more information regarding Florida restricting PWC warranty coverage? Why would the state do that? Also, doesn't Yamaha currently offer a 5 year warranty in Florida on its PWC?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Interesting, where are you getting that info... do you have a link for more information regarding Florida restricting PWC warranty coverage? Why would the state do that? Also, doesn't Yamaha currently offer a 5 year warranty in Florida on its PWC?

This also has to do with International Trade Law, which is then enforced/amended at State levels. BRP is Canadian based which limits them from offering the full 5 year warranty in Florida. Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America was founded in Newman, Georgia in 1986 (Smart Businessmen), which allows them to offer the full 5 year warranty because it's made on U.S. soil.

"Why would the State do that?" Why would the state do 99% of the things they do, like allow Insurance Company's to charge the "OUTRAGEOUS" Homeowners Insurance Rates, Just Think...........

Maybe your "LIBERAL FRIENDS".............

YoYamma you need to back home to "Yammi"............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTA17 View Post
    This also has to do with International Trade Law, which is then enforced/amended at State levels. BRP is Canadian based which limits them from offering the full 5 year warranty in Florida. Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America was founded in Newman, Georgia in 1986 (Smart Businessmen), which allows them to offer the full 5 year warranty because it's made on U.S. soil.... Maybe your "LIBERAL FRIENDS"........
    I don't have any liberal friends...
    My question was; where are you getting this info, what is your source with regard to the ITL/state of Florida restricting Sea-Doo warranties to 4 years... not doubting you, I just want to do some more research on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information