Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOLY SHIZNITZ!!

HOLY SHIZNITZ!!

SKR8PN posted: 5/8/2005 5:29:16 PM

Weather here in Ohio was beautiful today,and,Willy(my wife) and I FINALLY got to the lake with our '05 RXT's.......water temp was 60'ish and air temp in the low 70's,the lake was glass.......and we BOTH managed to put just over 2 hrs on them, at light throttle cruising and a few quick,VERY SHORT bursts up to 50 or so(Gawd is it ever hard to resist the temptation to just lay into the throttle and HOLD it there!)
    As soon as I hit 2 hours on the clock,I stopped my boat dead in the water.....and just flat stood on it for a 6 count......This heavy "pig" pulled so hard it that it actually jumped out of the water far enough to unhooked the pump for a second and then went on to hit nearly 70 on the dream-o-meter........I did NOT want to let off!
    The throttle response on these boats is nothing short of amazing! So much so,that Willy wants to take a day off this week and go to the lake when it is REALLY empty,so she can "play" a bit without the worry of running over an innocent fisherman!! LOL LOL
    I can only IMAGINE what you guys with the RXP's are experiencing with your boats!!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Actually I am more and more interested in riding an RXT now.

The RXP isn't really my thing, for the same reasons I like an STXR over an Ultra.

Glad you like it...

I feel ya man I really want to punch it but I only have an hour on her so I'm trying my best to hold off. Hang in there you'll make it!!

11........when you get the chance to ride one,I can promise you will not be disappointed. These boats are a DRYER and more RESPONSIVE ride than the 00" GTX's we just traded in. So far,they feel like they will carve as good,if not BETTER than my old boats. The only modification I have done,was to remove the OPAS crap. I did that as soon as the boats hit my driveway!!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Have you been on a GTX SC?

If so how much more powerfull is it?

On launch, my RXT will occasionally unhook also. Well it use to, now it's back home in the same condition it was in when I dropped it off at the shop 2 weeks ago. (clutch)

11.......I have never ridden a GTX SC, only GTX 951's(carb) that we had,and the ones our friends have(injected N/A). I can tell you there is a WORLD of difference between those,and these RXT's.
    I wanna go play again tomorrow! LOL LOL

+1
    That's the answer I'd like to know - the SC compared to the RXT. I had the '03 and had to get the RXP, but liked the GTX's stability and how it could cut throw the crap. I just wanted a little more power - and what do you know? Please, someone that has ridden both - do tell?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    That's the answer I'd like to know - the SC compared to the RXT. I had the '03 and had to get the RXP, but liked the GTX's stability and how it could cut throw the crap. I just wanted a little more power - and what do you know? Please, someone that has ridden both - do tell?
    rxpain,

I can go you one better. I have ridden a 1998 GTX, 2004 GTX -SC, 2004 RXP, 2005 RXT, 2004 RXP and my 2003 GTX-SC Cal Jet. For what it is worth, I will give you my impression of them all. Here goes:

The RXT and RXP pull about the same out of the hole. An 03 and 04 GTX-SC have a decent punch out of the hole but can't stay with the RXT. After about 3 seconds, the RXT walks them both up to around 50MPH. The '04 has a better mid-range and top-end over the '03 because of the '03s garbage ceramic pump. They both ride good in the chop of course, right along with the RXT... but the RXT had more power and therefore will win every time against an '03 or '04 GTX-SC. The demo RXT I rode didn't have a ballistic mid-range like I expected and didn't pull big-time on my friends '04 GTX-SC. The RXT won the 3 mile race in the slop, but not by much. My friends '04 GTX-SC is the fastest stock '04 on the lake and runs 64MPH on GPS. I have no idea why his runs so fast. He hasn't done a thing to it. Maybe it's because he is 6'5", has long arms like a gorilla and can get his butt way off the stern.

Let me contract the RXT and RXP: The RXT of course is better in the rough stuff while the RXP has a better top end, I would say about 4-5MPH. The RXT is easier to ride (that's why they call it a couch) and doesn't do crazy things while the RXP is more fun for a pro-level rider. I find it hard to stand up on a GTX while the RXP is made for standing. The demo RXT I rode last week ran 62.9MPH on the GPS while my friends Stage-I RXP runs 70MPH on the GPS. Now, he has done a few minor mods and has run 72+MPH in perfect conditions. He is a pro-level rider and knows how to get the most out of his RXP. Most other RXPs on this lake run between 66-68MPH. This is a tough lake for speed.

Lastly, neither of the stock RXPs or RXTs can hang with my Race Tech GTX from 0-60. I jump an RXP by 2-3 boat lengths within the first few seconds and do the same to an RXT. I almost scares every time I nail the throttle. What a thrill ride! In the Midrange, again it's no contest. I blow the RXTs doors off. The RXPs mid range seems to almost stay with me, but not quite. Every time we hit a wave together, I pull another ski length on the RXP. On the top end I stay slightly ahead of most RXPs. Remember, I am talking about STOCK RXPs and STOCK RXTs. I know I will never see Frank's RXP speeds on my GTX, my hull is just too long and too heavy. I am hoping to see 73-74MPH some time this summer with mods and the right prop. Wow, that would be a trip!

Don't let that published 215HP fool you! A stock RXP or RXT has 190HP on the dyno, while I have 250HP on the dyno. Another 60HP makes a world of difference. Therefore you can imagine what Frank's and Jerry's ski can do with 270-300HP. Or look at 11's STXR with 200HP and 200 lb. lighter. Wow! When Race Tech (Rotax Racing) comes out with the Engine Management System and gives us another 30-40HP, look out. Of course, we will have to take out a second mortgage to buy it.

Imagine if someone could build an fairly priced GTX hull out of carbon fiber that would weigh 200lb. less than our behemoths!? The acceleration would be an -E- Ticket ride!

+1
    Did I say, "Contract." I meant to say, "Contrast."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information