Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Wakeboard

Good Wakeboard

What's a good wakeboard type/style/mgf?

I'm looking to get a complete setup, and know nothing about it.

thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    What's a good wakeboard type/style/mgf?

I'm looking to get a complete setup, and know nothing about it.

thanks!
    Liquid Force

Liquid Force, Hyperlite, and CWB are the top 3.

A little more information is needed to really help you out:
    -Riding experience?
    -Weight?
    -Height?
    -Shoe size?
    -Budget?
    -Is the board just going to be used for riding, or will you be doing sliders/kickers etc?

It's a gift for an athletic friend of mine...

-Riding experience? NONE
    -Weight? 170-180
    -Height? 6'
    -Shoe size? 12
    -Budget? 100-200
    -Is the board just going to be used for riding, or will you be doing sliders/kickers etc? NOT REALLY SURE WHAT THAT IS...

Basically it's going to be a board for everyone to use. We'll take the skis out and if someone wants to ride, we'll also play with the wake board. He snowboards, so i'm looking for something for him he won't outgrow and want to upgrade. Basically a good all around board.

+1
    I have a good 1 year old board with lace up bindings I will sell pretty cheep. Its a good beginner board its called an AIrhead. Let me know if you want it. I also have a hypelite landlock suft board for wake surfing if your interested in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    It's a gift for an athletic friend of mine...

-Riding experience? NONE
    -Weight? 170-180
    -Height? 6'
    -Shoe size? 12
    -Budget? 100-200
    -Is the board just going to be used for riding, or will you be doing sliders/kickers etc? NOT REALLY SURE WHAT THAT IS...

Basically it's going to be a board for everyone to use. We'll take the skis out and if someone wants to ride, we'll also play with the wake board. He snowboards, so i'm looking for something for him he won't outgrow and want to upgrade. Basically a good all around board.
    Alright, so starting off, you are going to be looking for a board between 135-141cm. A 135cm board is usually for riders 145-190lbs, while a 141cm board is usually for riders 160-235lbs. The bigger board might be the better choice for your buddy since the larger size will make it easier for him to get out of the water, as opposed to the smaller size that will make it slightly harder to get up, but make for more agressive turns.

For your price range, you should probly start looking for used boards. While you can find new board/binding combos for $200, there isnt much hope that the bindings will last more than a year. I went cheap with my first bindings and they didnt last 2 months after numerous hard falls. So, with that said, I would look to spend $300-400 for a new board, $100-200 for a used one.

Here is my suggestion:
    http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/6CAcD

+1
    I agree with Kansas. Go with a used one. I have a Liquid Force Trip 143 w/ Liquid Force lace up bindings. Super easy to get up on and have had no problems with the bindings. Mine was new off ebay and I dropped about 350 skins for the new board and bindings.

+1
    I'll have to ask the 30 jackleg punks who tear up the water where I ride. I hate wakeboarders.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    I'll have to ask the 30 jackleg punks who tear up the water where I ride. I hate wakeboarders.
    Profiler

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    And I know they hate you for messin up the water where they're trying to ride.

I've been stuck in the middle of this battle for years since I wakeboard and jetski. There's nothing worse than when you're behind the boat wakeboarding and that typical jetski idiot gets about 20ft behind you trying to jump the wake, or some jetski's coming over looking for glassy water to top out their ski's on when you've already been there for 2 hours. At the same time, there's nothing worse when you and your friends have been riding your jetski's in the same area for the whole day, and some stoned out wakeboarders come over thinking they run the lake and continue on their path regardless if there are jetski's already there.

The fact is there are a few idiots on both sides that ruin the fun for everyone. Not all wakeboarders are stoned out d-bags, and at the same time not all jetski riders throw out common sense just to catch air on a big wake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information