• RXP-X-Yes

4 12.12%
  • No cracks

15 45.45%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

How many of you have cracks-X boats?

Just an informal poll of how many of you have found pump tunnel cracks in your 2008 SeaDoo RXT-X, and RXP-X, boats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PFL_2615 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	157657  

+1
    Great idea, I was going to start one also, I think you should
    add a few more categories though, like mods or no mods...

for example if someone is moving at 75 mph; that is a speed
    not intended by the design and it is relevant.

Also, it should be noted that many RXP's have surface cracks in the gel coat of the tunnel which have never gotten worse or leaked. This does not seem to be the same thing we are seeing with the T-X.

Here is the outline I developed, just never got around to finishing...
    maybe one of the GH moderators could add more categories...

X Ski Owners only:
    Have you got a CRACKED or FAILED pump tunnel?

See options below, the term "modded" refers specifically to any mods done to the pump area; including aftermarket impeller, grate, etc.

Please read carefully before you select one:

1. My STOCK RXT-X has a cracked tunnel but no leaks
    2. My STOCK RXT-X tunnel completely failed & leaked
    3. My MODDED RXT-X has a cracked tunnel but no leaks
    4. My MODDED RXT-X tunnel completely failed & leaked

5. My STOCK RXP-X has a cracked tunnel but no leaks
    6. My STOCK RXP-X tunnel completely failed & leaked
    7. My MODDED RXP-X has a cracked tunnel but no leaks
    8. My MODDED RXP-X tunnel completely failed & leaked

9. Over 50 hours and no problems with my X ski tunnel

Banned User
    +1
    That's a great idea, but, I want to stay away from the word Mod all together. None of us that have cracked tunnels have ever modded our boats. Doing so might induce such cracks in the first place.

Maybe we'll just keep this an informal poll of sorts and see what pops up.
    As you know, I ride the hell out of my boat. So, I probably have more hours on it than a normal owner would have. However, when people first started reporting the cracks, it was like in the first 25 hours of ownership.

At that time, I think I had close to 100 hours, and went out and checked my boat, and all was good. Today, one of those posts caught my eye, so I went out and checked again, and yep, there are small cracks-in the gel coat??-I'm hoping.

I already have pictures. I then went back and cleaned off the hard water stains with vinegar and water, and I can barely see the cracks. So, maybe that was a mistake. I may have to go ride tomorrow(darn it!!), so those crack will show up.

I think I'm just going to call the dealer. They are one of the top ones in the country(this is Lake Havasu), and just see what they have to say about the whole thing. I don't want to start pointing fingers, and getting all nasty, like I normally get, just yet.

But, I recognize a serious design flaw when I see one, and this one's a boner.

I also have a Plan B, that I'm keeping to myself.

+1
    Every X I've worked on has some gelcoat stress cracks in the tunnel. Its definately swelling from the pressure.

Banned User
    +1
    OK, so mine has "stress cracks" in the gel coat. Let's say its been like that for quite awhile. Am I done? Or, am I going to have future problems?? That's the $64,000 question. It's entirely possible that it has been like this for quite some time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    OK, so mine has "stress cracks" in the gel coat. Let's say its been like that for quite awhile. Am I done? Or, am I going to have future problems?? That's the $64,000 question. It's entirely possible that it has been like this for quite some time.
    I see it happen on 74mph skis with Riva grates. All of mine are still going strong so I wouldn't stress to bad.

+1

T-X Tunnel Cracks

Yep, my ski had tunnel cracks on both sides with 38 hrs on the clock. Repaired these following advice here on the forum. Did the inside and the water side, appears to be holding ok. Ski has 54 hrs on it now. Did notice small gel coat cracks in the chimes at the front of the boat aswell but keeping an eye on these. Cracks start at the chimes and run down to the keel of the boat.

Alex

Had some light Gel coat cracks in the tunnel....And also stress cracks from Front to back on the hull....Gel coat is shite its to brittle and dosn't flex with the Fibre glass...I'll just wait till the stuff starts to fall off then get it resprayed..There was an air bubble and the gel coat hadn't stuck to the glass something has gone up the intake and chipped it...I got it before it was bad so just getting it taped up and painted...the ski has 180hrs on it in two years will some long rides...choppy conditions and some huge air...so I'm happy for now..I thrashed before....but I'm spending some money on it now so I think it will remain a estuary cruiser for the rest of its days....

Alot of time in these conditions

Spends most of the time like this

got some other stuff going on at the moment

Not as bad as some...Guy doing the repair thinks the tunnels should be good for 100MPH and not to stress about the cracks....I'll get some photos of the tunnel

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I see it happen on 74mph skis with Riva grates. All of mine are still going strong so I wouldn't stress to bad.
    I'm worried about the future. If there is a possibility of catching it early, and getting it fixed right, I'd rather do that. If I wait, then I may have problems later one, and no warranty, or recourse.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    That's a great idea, but, I want to stay away from the word Mod all together. None of us that have cracked tunnels have ever modded our boats.
    Well can you define "us?"
    I think you have to be careful with statements like that,
    unless you have the data; I realize that certainly some of the T-X models have been stock, but until there is a data base with numbers and facts, we can't make assumptions on it.
    That's all I'm saying....

Like I said before, I think you will find a percentage
    of X boats that have cracks but no leaks, this stuff all has to be factored in so you can get a better picture of what's been happening. Some people have had surface cracks in the tunnels for years with no major problems; read this:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110925

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information