Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

This agood deal?

1998 Polaris SLXH 1050 waverunner with trailer. Back in 98 these were the fastest pwc on the market. Good engine (compression 120-115-120) Can here run. Clear title

Has a few issues.

1) Hull has hole in bottom (There is a guy by Kalamazoo that has a very nice hull with title for $250)
    2) Missing rear section of seat (The guy with the hull also has seat for $50)
    3) Steering nozzle cone is broken (Anyone off of a '96 and up Polaris will fit. $40 off of e-Bay)

Otherwise complete and functional. Steering cone can be changed in about 10 minutes.

Hole in bottom is pretty substantial. Could be repaired by someone with fiberglass experience.

Is this a good ,great or awesome deal ? (I do fiberglass, so not a problem ! Matter of fact, Get this..... I was driving by a house and they had a bolt of fiberglass mat about 4 ft high by 20 foot long that I picked up this morning too! Free! lol too funny huh? 700 or obo. I'll offer 400.0? Is that good compression for that ski? That motor would fit into my pro wouldnt it? Then maybe I could run a 12 vein in the pro! Would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    1998 Polaris SLXH 1050 waverunner with trailer. Back in 98 these were the fastest pwc on the market. Good engine (compression 120-115-120) Can here run. Clear title

Has a few issues.

1) Hull has hole in bottom (There is a guy by Kalamazoo that has a very nice hull with title for $250)
    2) Missing rear section of seat (The guy with the hull also has seat for $50)
    3) Steering nozzle cone is broken (Anyone off of a '96 and up Polaris will fit. $40 off of e-Bay)

Otherwise complete and functional. Steering cone can be changed in about 10 minutes.

Hole in bottom is pretty substantial. Could be repaired by someone with fiberglass experience.

Is this a good ,great or awesome deal ? (I do fiberglass, so not a problem ! Matter of fact, Get this..... I was driving by a house and they had a bolt of fiberglass mat about 4 ft high by 20 foot long that I picked up this morning too! Free! lol too funny huh? 700 or obo. I'll offer 400.0? Is that good compression for that ski? That motor would fit into my pro wouldnt it? Then maybe I could run a 12 vein in the pro! Would that work?
    I think I saw that one on Craigslist.

Compression is "ok".

I just paid $450 for a super clean running 99 slx so the price ?????

Not enough HP in that engine to run a 12 vane stator.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    $400 is probably good if you need the trailer. A hole through the hull is a difficult fix to do it properly. You may be able to make a little $$ parting it out though.

i think that will work out costing alot of money in a short space of time, if u got a trailer offer him $200 with out the trailer

+1
    You guys!, I'm not going to glass it. although--(I did work on the Dodge Viper hoods for 3 years! doing glass and body work.) no biggie. easy fix for me!. 1 day.I don't want the trailer either. Just the electrical and the engine and whatever else i'd need to make her run in another ski. Not sure which one. maybe 500.00 for the whole ski. tops. He wont take 250.00 or 300.00 he said he'll sell it on ebay and part it out. If he did that, it would be 300-600 for the motor I think. complete with cdi. comp is 140 across wasn't sunk. turns over starts.! runs..... no idea on hours. I can hear it run. That would make the slt scoot! I'd sell the 750 engine in that to my buddy for my 94sl he's buying. That would be the original motor back in there! lol Hmmm , what kind of exhaust would I need? pro pipes? domestic pipe.original? Help! lol

Save your money for the pro, your gonna need it. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    You guys!, I'm not going to glass it. although--(I did work on the Dodge Viper hoods for 3 years! doing glass and body work.) no biggie. easy fix for me!. 1 day.I don't want the trailer either. Just the electrical and the engine and whatever else i'd need to make her run in another ski. Not sure which one. maybe 500.00 for the whole ski. tops. He wont take 250.00 or 300.00 he said he'll sell it on ebay and part it out. If he did that, it would be 300-600 for the motor I think. complete with cdi. comp is 140 across wasn't sunk. turns over starts.! runs..... no idea on hours. I can hear it run. That would make the slt scoot! I'd sell the 750 engine in that to my buddy for my 94sl he's buying. That would be the original motor back in there! lol Hmmm , what kind of exhaust would I need? pro pipes? domestic pipe.original? Help! lol
    500.00 with the trailer is a great deal if it runs good sell the trailer for 300.00-400.00 in the summer

+1
    He wont take 500 for everything. I still want that motor you have for me so....... Don't sell it!. lol He said 500.00 for the ski and he'll sell the trailer. although that trailer is mint condition looks like. Would this fit in the Slt without $$$$$.00 of dollars? My buddy needs my 750 in my slt for his. Thought maybe I could do a switch. If it isnt too much trouble. I dont mind relocating mounts and glassing them in. Just dont want a big ol bag of worms around. Does the pump and all that match up perfect on a slt? 95 Driveshaft would match and fit? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    500.00 with the trailer is a great deal if it runs good sell the trailer for 300.00-400.00 in the summer
    Hey Lugs, in Michigan, you would be lucky to get $200 for those Shorelandr trailers. They are so common. In fact, I recently purchased a super clean 96 SLT 780 with the same Shoreland'r trailer from the original owner for $375. It even came with a clean original Polaris cover. Maybe we should go into business. I'll buy the trailers in Michigan and you can sell them in Illinois.

+1
    He's right, 125-175 tops. 2 -place. 200-350

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information