PTO side crank bearing

i know most people would just buy a rebuilt crank, but i don't really have the money for it, so i would like to know if anyone has a new PTO side crank bearing and prices, i see there 200ish new...and that is deff. expensive for 1 bearing...
    thanks
    john

Quote Originally Posted by deereman View Post
    i know most people would just buy a rebuilt crank, but i don't really have the money for it, so i would like to know if anyone has a new PTO side crank bearing and prices, i see there 200ish new...and that is deff. expensive for 1 bearing...
    thanks
    john
    A good used will be cheaper then rebuilding or find a bearing distributer and buy one for 20 bucks. Call I think brewner bearing in lexington ky and they can cross numbers for you. Or google bearings in lex ky

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by theevette View Post
    A good used will be cheaper then rebuilding or find a bearing distributer and buy one for 20 bucks. Call I think brewner bearing in lexington ky and they can cross numbers for you. Or google bearings in lex ky
    1859 253 1787 Bearing Distributers in Lex Ky. Give them your numbers and they can cross it for you. Make sure you tell them you want a good brand.

thanks for the help

thanks for the numbers, we have a detroit ball bearing up here in MI that can get almost any bearing..i was gonna check with them, but i figured i'd try the trusty ol forum just to see if anyone had a new one..or almost 100% new one as i have done used before and it screws ya alot...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deereman View Post
    thanks for the numbers, we have a detroit ball bearing up here in MI that can get almost any bearing..i was gonna check with them, but i figured i'd try the trusty ol forum just to see if anyone had a new one..or almost 100% new one as i have done used before and it screws ya alot...thanks
    Make sure that you get C3 or C4 spec bearings. Crank bearings need some clearance so that they don't bind when they heat up. I buy the bearings I need for rebuilding Polaris cranks off of ebay. I've been able to buy brand new top brand named bearings for as little as $5 a piece.

thanks!

thanks hayabusa....thanks for the info...i will watch for the bearin on ebay..sounds good. i will have to remember the added clearence spec of the bearing too...i never thought of that...thanks again

Thread Information