Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

need more punch...

Is there an adjust a thrust for the slt? If so were can I get one.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Here is the website for Polaris:

http://www.wetwolf.com/pol/

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The AAT will work on a SLT.

Have you tried the bored nozzle?

Performance reeds?

Skat Trak swirl impeller?

+1
    If I did all that to my slt plus r and d grate and op plate, how much faster would it go?

+1
    Not much more.

He's looking for acceleration.

Top speed would want a different set up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    The AAT will work on a SLT.

Have you tried the bored nozzle?

Performance reeds?

Skat Trak swirl impeller?
    I got the skat-trak, grate, plate, no reeds( i think u an I spoke about the reed you and I
    ). Were can I get my nozzle bored, an is the wet wolf, direct bolt on an go??

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Its not too hard to bore the nozzle yourself. The usual recommendation is to use a 'ridge reamer' to ream it out. You need a specific type. I know there was discussion about it and someone posted a pic. I know the ones that were available to rent around here were the wrong type. It needs a shoulder keeps things squared up. Hopefully someone can explain this better.

+1
    The Skat impeller should have made a good improvement over stock. If not, you need to check the impeller to wear ring clearance (3 - 8 thousandths recommended, with 20 thou being service limit). And the stator vanes condition.

Ride plate should help with a faster plane and improve handling. Which plate did you buy?

Intake grate would only help keep the pump loaded and ski "grip" the water better in the rough. (stock grate is recommended for flat water)

Reeds would be a nice boost in response. May also gain a few RPM up top too. (highly recommend for better holeshot)

Most machine shops can bore the nozzle for you, or some members on here may be able to help you out.

AAT is bolt on part, but will take a little "tuning". Just a matter of experimenting with different size shuttles. I find that the second to largest seems to be the most common size to run on a SL, not sure on the SLT?

Did you ever get the Jet works valve? That may help a touch also. (periodically inspect it for sticking)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    The Skat impeller should have made a good improvement over stock. If not, you need to check the impeller to wear ring clearance (3 - 8 thousandths recommended, with 20 thou being service limit). And the stator vanes condition.

Ride plate should help with a faster plane and improve handling. Which plate did you buy?

Intake grate would only help keep the pump loaded and ski "grip" the water better in the rough. (stock grate is recommended for flat water)

Reeds would be a nice boost in response. May also gain a few RPM up top too. (highly recommend for better holeshot)

Most machine shops can bore the nozzle for you, or some members on here may be able to help you out.

AAT is bolt on part, but will take a little "tuning". Just a matter of experimenting with different size shuttles. I find that the second to largest seems to be the most common size to run on a SL, not sure on the SLT?

Did you ever get the Jet works valve? That may help a touch also. (periodically inspect it for sticking)
    Nope never got the valve...Im planning on getting it over the winter, how much of the nozzle do I have bored? Ill just take it to my engine builder an have them do it. I got a r&d plate an intake grate, an im sending my prop to impros this winter.
    Btw kevin, this is the valve I need rite? An how many shims do I add?
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...ontrol%20Valve

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    Nope never got the valve...Im planning on getting it over the winter, how much of the nozzle do I have bored? Ill just take it to my engine builder an have them do it. I got a r&d plate an intake grate, an im sending my prop to impros this winter.
    Btw kevin, this is the valve I need rite? An how many shims do I add?
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...ontrol%20Valve
    Thats the valve you need. I'm running my valve w/o shims as of now. I may tweek it after I'm good on my tuning as is to see the effect the pressure changes give.

Many have opened the nozzle bore from 84 to 87mm. Holeshot will be improved, but may reduce topend speed. I'm curious to know how much topend will be effected though. It seems that with less head pressure in the pump with the larger bore, that it should pick up rpms too. You could open it up in baby steps to say 85mm then 86mm to see how each change responds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information