Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What should I do to my triton trailer with the seadoos?

I attached a pic of the seadoos I just bought...I love the aluminum trailer but the color just doesnt make the jet skis pop like I would like them to....I would think black painted with the yellow skis would be really nice but I hear I should not paint aluminum....

I was thinking about getting a black diamond triangle shape tool box to put on there as well as a 4 gas can rack (black)....with yellow or white 5 gallon jugs....but I would like to do more stuff if reasonably priced to make the skis pop alittle better on the trailer....or just to give the trailer more color (maybe black diamond plated mush stuff in areas?) any ideas would be great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my jet skis.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	157929  

If it were me, actually, no I wouldn't, my trailers get buried in the bushes when not in use and nobody of any concern sees my boats on their trailers..

That said, IMO you don't want the trailer to take away from the rides, just compliment them. I would go all black on everything on the trailer except wheels which need to be clean, modern and chrome. I would then look to fatter raised white lettered tires and maybe a very thin yellow pinstripe down the main rail of the trailer. Don't make your trailer stand out, make it blend in with the hulls and let the top decks do all the talking

Greg

+1
    I could care less what my trailer looks like but if I were that anal and really wanted to do something with that trailer I would add some yellow and black vinyl stripes down the sides of it. Quick and easy.

Lucky

I was following your other thread when you were deciding what to get. They look great!

Or just paint the trailer the same color as the tow vehicle

+1
    If you want to paint your trailer I knoe someone who would gladly trade you a steel one to paint. Do not paint your aluminum trailer. But if you insist to make sure you use an acid etching primer on it prior to painting.

Thanks anton...I am real excited about being able to get them on the lake...it looks like here inhouston it should be nice this weekend so they should see the water for the first time then...

As far as painting the trailer the same color as my tow vehicle....I tow with an old beat up 96 for explorer so I would not want it to be that color....I would just like the entire trailer to be black but I do not think paint will hold up against aluminum nor do I think it would be a smart choice to paint it if I will be using it some in salt water....so really I am limited in my choices...I like the trailer but its just your plane chrome looking trailer....those skis on a black trailer would be so sweet...

p.s. i had an oppertunity to get a black painted steel trailer and i turned it down, i would much rather have aluminum

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    how far do you usually transit to get the skis on the water?
    I keep my skis showroom clean but my trailer.....shitt as long as it gets the skis from point A to point B, I give a rats ass how they look. I mean they are nice galvanized, but most of the time ppl could care less how your trailers looks, I mean unless you have the time and money.

Here is my suggestion. I wouldnt want my trailer to look supper nice and clean etc, you know why? once you're in the water, other ppl are going to be attracted to your trailer, no one will be there to look out for it at all times. Thats just my .02 dont make your trailer to attractive, trust me, ppl steal mostly when your are not around, "while your out enjoying your ski"

+1
    I hate to say it, but if you are towing with a 96 Ford Explorer, there is nothing you can do to the trailer that the Explorer will not take away from the whole package sorry. I would leave the trailer alone, I love the aluminum just as it is.

+1
    Paint that F%@# Ford yellow to match your skis,
    then everything will so freaking yellow nobody will even
    notice the trailer!

Seriously, dude you're worrying about it too much,
    get out on the water and have some fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information