Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Dolphin

RXT-X Ride Report

The guys at Ride Reports came out to Havasu to take a couple industry VIPS on a three hour ride of the new RXT-X 260. Take a look and see what they thought.

[/URL]
    Last edited by boataddict; 11-06-2009 at 10:05 PM.

+1
    That dude is definately not a GH member, "it limits the boat to 68mph is a great feature"

+1
    Now let's test it the greenhulk way!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    That dude is definately not a GH member, "it limits the boat to 68mph is a great feature"
    now this is funny

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Now let's test it the greenhulk way!!!!!
    What is it exactly that you didn't get from their ride report?
    I thought they did a good job.
    Here's my "Greenhulk Style" ride report of the RXT-iS, done awhile back;
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95347

Basically it's the same boat, without the spring.

I wish I would have known they were doing this, since I live here, and was there when they were doing it. I saw the boat, and they were letting people with "passes" ride it, but I passed on the ride because I've already ridden the iS, and own a 2008 RXT-X, so I wasn't expecting anything different.

I can tell you they went up river to Topock, and it looks like they got gas there. If they rode for 3 hours, they would definately want to fill up there.

If you really want a member to ride it and give you a report, have your people contact SeaDoo, and arrange it. I live in Lake Havasu year round, and ride my T-X once or twice a week. Last year I rode over 125 hour. So, I think I'm "qualified" to do a "comparison" between the new model and the old model.

But really, the hull is identical to the iS(I think?). The GPS on the ski is a little "optimistic". It tends to read 1 to 2 mph higher than my handheld Garmin GPS. I think I managed a bit over 69mph, going across the lake, before it started slowing itself down. Considering that it was a bone stock boat, that is very impressive. What was more impressive was the water conditions that I rode that speed in. Very windy, and very choppy, with 2 to 3 foot swells. Now I know that's not rough to a lot of you, but to me, it was choppy.

I also whooped up on two Kawasaki Ultra 250's. We did from 40 mph, to top speed, in Windsor Bay(rough), and I walked away from them. That shock system, and the new S3 hull, work fantastic.

I'll be waiting to here from SeaDoo on when they want me to do a "Greenhulk" ride report.

Jerry, can you give them a call and set it up?? LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Jerry, can you give them a call and set it up?? LOL
    I might be able to arrange that

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I might be able to arrange that
    Well, you know I'm here. And, I'm sure you've already read my iS report. I have an HD video camera...Oh, and a big [email protected]@ Nikon....LOL

I just wish I knew they're were going to do that. Maybe I could have "tagged" along, and gave my ride report.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Well, you know I'm here. And, I'm sure you've already read my iS report. I have an HD video camera...Oh, and a big [email protected]@ Nikon....LOL

I just wish I knew they're were going to do that. Maybe I could have "tagged" along, and gave my ride report.

I have a feeling this may be the first boat to really challenge the ultra in offshore. I will have both so I plan on testing that theory also.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I have a feeling this may be the first boat to really challenge the ultra in offshore. I will have both so I plan on testing that theory also.
    Why?? Why will you have both?
    Get rid of the Ultra, and get the iS version. I haven't ridden in the ocean in over 20 years-I hear it's still there, though.

But, I have ridden a few Ultra's, some of them highly modified, and the iS walks on them in the waves.
    Now this is just an "informal" opinion of a test ride I did a few months ago, and it was only on Lake Havasu.
    But, as anyone that has ridden here can tell you, when it gets real windy, we get big waves. The day I rode, it was 20-gusting to 30mph, and, it was out of the worst direction, the South, which causes the Southbound river/lake, to really get ugly.

Not sure how the S3 hull without the suspension(RXT-X 260) will handle similar condition-still waiting on a call from SeaDoo for the test

Attn SeaDoo: The Mark Hahn-300 mile endurance race in coming to Lake Havasu on Feb. 27, 2010. Might not be a bad "marketing" idea to have a T-X, and an iS in the race.
    Granted, this will be an off year-meaning that this year was windy and wavy as hell. That means the 2010 race will probably be calm.

I know Yamaha, and Kawasaki, will be "representing"....just saying......

+1
    This is how we test Seadoo's!!!!

(older movie , but you got my point!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information