+1

IC install on a 04 GTX LTD SC

This has prolly been asked before.....but........ can an IC be installed on a 04 GTX LTD SC?....is there a thread relating to this question?(could not find).

Cheers

yes, several ways to do it, aftermarket set-up, homemade set up or just get the RXP/RXT intake manifold and OEM, works as well...
    depending on what your goal is and how much boost you want to make, there are other important changes to be made to fully benefit from an IC.

there are fast GTXs with no intercoolers here on the forum... good luck with your research...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    yes, several ways to do it, aftermarket set-up, homemade set up or just get the RXP/RXT intake manifold and OEM, works as well...
    depending on what your goal is and how much boost you want to make, there are other important changes to be made to fully benefit from an IC.

there are fast GTXs with no intercoolers here on the forum... good luck with your research...
    +1. Regardless of what you choose, you should remove the flame arrestor from the intake manifold for better flow. All intercoolers that fit the RXP/RXT will fit the GTX SC. Other upgrades to notice more of a full benefit are swap the ECU, Fuel Pressure Regulator, get an aftermarket air intake, and increase the boost of the supercharger with a new impeller. JPEconsult and Skoepp have good threads on modifying the GTX SC 185.

+1
    Thanks Guys...

I have hit 64-65 mph (reading on the onboard GPS..nice feature to have ...LTD)..half tank of fuel..(I'm 6'4" 225 lbs) This is before total rebuild of SC (with steel washers) and filling in holes on ride plate. The main thing is to have a reliable ski. I also followed the "10 points to make your 4 tec bullet proof" (which BTW is a very good info sharing tip!)

If I am able to find the parts from a RXP/RTX ski....(winter project)....well... will see what developes.

BTW... regardless if I install an IC or not..... will removing the flame arrestor improve performance ..and will that effect the setup on the fuel injection metering? (electronics)..

Cheers

+1
    Opps...forgot to ask..is it hard to remove flame arrestor for intake manifold..(just learning...hope this is not a "duhhhhh" question)

Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    Thanks Guys...

I have hit 64-65 mph (reading on the onboard GPS..nice feature to have ...LTD)..half tank of fuel..(I'm 6'4" 225 lbs) This is before total rebuild of SC (with steel washers) and filling in holes on ride plate. The main thing is to have a reliable ski. I also followed the "10 points to make your 4 tec bullet proof" (which BTW is a very good info sharing tip!)

If I am able to find the parts from a RXP/RTX ski....(winter project)....well... will see what developes.

BTW... regardless if I install an IC or not..... will removing the flame arrestor improve performance ..and will that effect the setup on the fuel injection metering? (electronics)..

Cheers
    Remove it! No other mods are needed when removing the FA and it will not effect or hinder electronics, including the injectors. Remove it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    Opps...forgot to ask..is it hard to remove flame arrestor for intake manifold..(just learning...hope this is not a "duhhhhh" question)

Cheers
    Not too hard, physically, just bad for you mentally. Have a air horn ready to sound when you want to curse. Imagine trying to figure out how to get a square through a circle by bending and cutting the square. Its not hard, just tedeous because the space is limited.

+1
    Thanks ..again!
    Is there a thread for in instructions on the removal of the FA??
    (This should be my last "duhhhhh" question on this)

Cheers

Thread Information