PSI drop across the TB

When I got it back from the dealer after my 10 hr service it was noticeable slower and I took it back and they changed the plugs and said nothing was wrong with it since then I've checked several things and made some changes

I have an intake tap for PSI on the intake and also a tube that was made to slip under the hose for checking boost before and after the IC. With a 68/140 I have no measureable drop through the IC. I have at least a 5 lbs loss through the TB. The stock SC was reinstalled.

It's at the dealer now with the stock SC getting checked. I asked them to check the TB for full open and the said it was ok. Is there anything else I can ask them to check.

I know it has iControl but I never saw over 5-6 lbs boost at the intake while accelerating or on top end well below the 71 mph it ran.

Later, Ken

Oh yea I changed employer/same job but they took all but the very basic internet away so all I can do is MSN front page stuff and the last thing I want to do when getting home is sit in front of a computer.

Oh well, Life goes on.

Ken, How was the oil level? Dealers like to overfill the oil causing a very noticeable loss of performance. Worth a check.

+1
    Doesn't iControl modulate the throttle to keep the ski under it's GPS speed limit? If so, then that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Doesn't iControl modulate the throttle to keep the ski under it's GPS speed limit? If so, then that's the problem.

During acceleration or on top end I never got over 5-6 lbs.
    Also it would run 71 and hold it until I had to make slight turns in the bayou.

I will be doing more testing after the dealer is through with it. I work in quality control and know sometimes you can look at something and not see anything wrong, then a fresh set of eyes see's what's wrong right off the bat. I can walk in a nice place and first admire then before long my mind goes to: that trim's crooked, look at the gap in that, why didn't they tape the edge before painting that, ect....

Maybe I will get some more experienced people to test with me.

+1
    I know its a crazy thought but I wonder if the 10 service required any software patches that are now limiting the speeds and before they werent.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    I know its a crazy thought but I wonder if the 10 service required any software patches that are now limiting the speeds and before they werent.

I'll ask but it ran 70 stock and would stay there. After 10 hr service it ran 67-68 and took longer to get there.

With the 68/140 it ran 71 so I don't see it being the speed limiter.

Thread Information