Banned User
    +1

FA removal oopps

went rather easy, unfortunately the dipstick did pop out of the case. no big deal right? just gonna take a little more effort to line it back up right when reinstalling the manifold? doubt it will cause a leak the o-rings are still good.

on a side note i got my rad4 torque plate and was slightly bummed. it looks like whoever packaged them up had a little slip up and dropped it on the floor. it has some nice little dings on the top corners. i know it wasn't UPS the box was in great shape when i got it. nothin a little file job wont fix. cant wait for the test ride.

mike h

+1
    The dipstick is still fine,no problem just place it back and you won't have any leaks,the o-rings will do their job.
    It was a pain in the ass to get the flamearrestor out,took me quite some time,but once it's done you saved yourself some $$$$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    went rather easy, unfortunately the dipstick did pop out of the case. no big deal right? just gonna take a little more effort to line it back up right when reinstalling the manifold? doubt it will cause a leak the o-rings are still good.

on a side note i got my rad4 torque plate and was slightly bummed. it looks like whoever packaged them up had a little slip up and dropped it on the floor. it has some nice little dings on the top corners. i know it wasn't UPS the box was in great shape when i got it. nothin a little file job wont fix. cant wait for the test ride.

mike h

+1
    Hi Rich

I have an 04 GTX SC LTD. Wanting to remove the FA. I am just getting into modifying my ski. (SC washers done,,ride plate hole filled) How do you remove or is there a thread that tells me how to go about this?

Cheers
    Bill

Banned User
    +1
    not sure if its the same for a gtx but heres the kit from riva http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889. that will work on the X's. most guys choose to save the money and pull out the FA with some long needle nose, just takes some time.

+1
    Hi Bill,

I am not sure but i think you have your intercooler in your manifold,so no flamearrestor,if you have a 185 hp ski,you have the flamearrestor,if so read the following .

You can buy a removal tool from Riva,but you can do it yourself.
    Many have done this,very timeconsuming.
    You have to take the intakemanifold off,that's easier then it looks.
    There are many threads on this mod,you gain 1 pound of boost ,because there is less restriction in the manifold.
    Use the search button ,and you will find detailed instructions and pics.
    That's the way i did it,make sure you clean the manifold after removing,because there will be some metal parts in the intake.
    The easiest way is the Riva way,but you have to drill a big hole,that's a future boostleak.
    It's your choice,it's a free mod ,you won't gain speed,but very pound of boost is welcome,the holeshot will be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    Hi Rich

I have an 04 GTX SC LTD. Wanting to remove the FA. I am just getting into modifying my ski. (SC washers done,,ride plate hole filled) How do you remove or is there a thread that tells me how to go about this?

Cheers
    Bill

+1
    Once again......Thanks Mike/Rich for your feedback.
    I do have the 185 H.P. ski.

Since I have the ski out for the winter(in the garage) I will have lots of time to "tinker" .Will check out the instructions and go at it.

Cheers
    Bill

+1
    Duhhhhh !! !!I can't seem to find fa removal instructions using "search ". Prolly wrong search wording on my behalf..
    Could you steer me in the right direction?

Cheers

Bill

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booner76 View Post
    Duhhhhh !! !!I can't seem to find fa removal instructions using "search ". Prolly wrong search wording on my behalf..
    Could you steer me in the right direction?

Cheers

Bill
    Maybe this one helps there are more threads about it.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...light=manifold

+1
    Hey !! Thanks Rich

Sounds like some fun! I have a good selection of long needle nose pliers and am quite patent.Spent 16 years or so working on IMSA race cars..(Porsches, BMWs,etc).And after 34 years (retired...) IBM....good brain food!

Well written details on all performance projects here.
    I do appreciate how everyone shares their knowledge and expertice!

Cheers

Bill

Thread Information