MY NEW ULTRA 260x IS FRIGGIN AWESOME! Question about minor mods?

Greetings everyone! I just got back from the beach... jaw-dropped. What a great piece of machinery!

First impressions: the hull is absolutely fantastic. The ocean was pretty choppy when I took it out. I was expecting a rough ride... but I couldn't have been further from the truth. It was absolutely smooth and I barely got any water in my face!

The Engine: WOW. It sounds like an F1 car. I couldn't really pull it all the way through because of the break-in period.. but from the few times that I did I was absolutely astounded with the performance.

General Comments: It's beautiful!

For maintenance: I purchased a gallon of salt-away, an engine flush kit, and Fluid Film to cover the engine. I plan on changing the oil to Full Synthetic after the first 10 hours.

Anyways, given how much you guys knows about the 260x, I had a few concerns, primarily the handlebar grips. They are terrible and I'd like to change them. Any recommendations? Where can I get them? Any cool life-jackets you might recommend as well?

What other mods would you guys recommend? I'm happy with the performance, but it'd be nice to have even more PULL (ACCELERATION, because i'm not really concerned about top speed). I'm also concerned with maintenance and preventive measures.

Cheers and happy riding!

Hilo Hawaii
    As far as maint. it is a good idea to fog SC every time you ride in salt water. Heres a pic. just drill small hole in hose coming off air intake and then stick straw in and spray thoroughly, run motor while spraying, she will choke a little then continue to rev motor until normal rpm's return just a few seconds will do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC lube mod.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	689.4 KB 
ID:	158142  

thanks for the tip. but i'm kinda lost as to what FOG SC means. I imagine SC means super charger. But fog? what do I fog it with? And how does this help? How do I cover the hole afterwards?

thanks buddy.

Hilo Hawaii
    Fog = lube

I use fluid film, I don't cover hole after. no problems yet. This helps lengthen life of SC= super charger. By the I'm a pure recreation rider with 200 hrs on my ski. Run synthetic oil at 50 hrs oil changes and all maint. scheduled in owners manual. oh yeah congrats on the most awesome ski out there, (I'm biased)

Thread Information