Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue Pulleys

Rogue Pulleys

Anyone have Rogue Pulleys that can comment on performance gains and any bearing problems, also how many hours are on your pulleys prior to any bearing issues. I want to order a 1 to 1 pulley set up but don't want the bearing issues that some are having with the R&D Pulleys, Thanks

R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1
    DO NOT BUY PULLEYS if you dont want any premature STOCK supercharger failures! The SC internal bearings CANNOT and WILL NOT take the wear and abuse and Kawi will know if you have used pulleys due to them reading your ECU when you take it in for warranty work. Even if your not worried about the warranty I wouldnt suggest it..There are other ways to get the speeds you want and are looking for and in the ling run would basically cost the same.

Dont get me wrong Rogue makes some cool stuff but its not the pully bearings you need to worry about its the SC bearings!

Sorry which are other mods with good gain?

Thanks

+1
    SHoot me an email and I can enlighten you!
    [email protected]

Simple things actually!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerShot View Post
    SHoot me an email and I can enlighten you!
    [email protected]

Simple things actually!
    surely theres no secrets why cant you post them?

+1
    Nope there are NO secrets heck go look at Skippy's website that will tell you ALOT!! Plus Due to some keyboard cowboys on this website I dont post up certain things nor do I tend to get into discussions on this foruym of that nature. Sorry just the way I roll!

Hey skippy why the rolling eyes?

Just me being my way, these threads always go south quick..

To be honest though. Ive never had a SC bearing fail. They are rated to 9000 RPM constant use. A 1-1 pulley would mean that the SC would match the engine RPM. That would make it a operating RPM of 7900 to 8300 and well under the manufacture design limitations.

Now the Pulley bearing of these after market Pulleys out, do not hold up at all beyond 20hrs and they end up doing some tear able damage when they fail. They recommend changing them every 20 hrs, So at every oil change they want you to change bearings at $50 a set. Holy Crap that's not at all a recreational friendly modification.

I say this from my own experience on working on my own crafts in the 3 years on 20+ Ultra's.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerShot View Post
    DO NOT BUY PULLEYS if you dont want any premature STOCK supercharger failures! The SC internal bearings CANNOT and WILL NOT take the wear and abuse and Kawi will know if you have used pulleys due to them reading your ECU when you take it in for warranty work. Even if your not worried about the warranty I wouldnt suggest it..There are other ways to get the speeds you want and are looking for and in the ling run would basically cost the same.

Dont get me wrong Rogue makes some cool stuff but its not the pully bearings you need to worry about its the SC bearings!

Yeah ya forgot to mention the rotors grabbing the housing when thay get hot, snapping the splines or spinning the shafts in the rotors.... Yeah Luvs that stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Just me being my way, these threads always go south quick..

To be honest though. Ive never had a SC bearing fail. They are rated to 9000 RPM constant use. A 1-1 pulley would mean that the SC would match the engine RPM. That would make it a operating RPM of 7900 to 8300 and well under the manufacture design limitations.

Now the Pulley bearing of these after market Pulleys out, do not hold up at all beyond 20hrs and they end up doing some tear able damage when they fail. They recommend changing them every 20 hrs, So at every oil change they want you to change bearings at $50 a set. Holy Crap that's not at all a recreational friendly modification.

I say this from my own experience on working on my own crafts in the 3 years on 20+ Ultra's.

damn skip so the rogue idler pulley is no better than r&d set so either set you use you are going ot have to change the bearings every 20 hours...well crap that is INDEED not rec friendly......well looks like ill stick with pistons and cams and no pulleys............

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information