Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

going for the kawi ultrs260x or fzs yamaha

hey guys i have the choice to get a fzs or a ultra 260x any comments on which is better or where they are differ or similar i want to here all of your opinions

I personally went with the 260X over the FZR.
    I don't think you can do wrong with either ski.
    Pick the one you like the best and enjoy it.

By the way I have a 2009 260X for sale.

Go with the 260x. Beautiful piece of machinery. The hull is absolutely fantastic for choppy and non-choppy riding.. the FZR is kinda rough.

Plus, it looks much better! And it sounds like an F1 car!

+1
    your asking that question on a kawasaki forum of course we are all going to say buy the 260, ask the same question on the yamaha forum and guess what they are all going to say? rode with an fzr today and he rode mine my 250 beats it hands down in all conditions + rides a hell of alot smoother in the rough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski777 View Post
    hey guys i have the choice to get a fzs or a ultra 260x any comments on which is better or where they are differ or similar i want to here all of your opinions
    I am unbiased but i do own a BB gpr so im just going to give a honest opinion.My local dealer is a kawasaki and yamaha dealer,, back in august they took a new 260X and a new fzr to the local lake just to compare because of so many customers asking which one is faster!! which one rides the smoothest and so on,,, so on.up until they rode them side by side they could`nt give an honest answer..
    Here`s what both guys told me,,,,,, The kawasaki was much snappier out of the hole!!!!
    the kawasaki was much more forgiving when the water got ruff and on top speed they were pretty much dead even!!!!! both guys rode both skis and got the same results!!!! they drag raced from a idle and from 20mph roll and the kawasaki always jumped out by 3 to 5 boat links and stayed there the yamaha fzr could never catch up,,,because it was on the weekend the water got ruff at times and both guys said the kawasaki was the choice for them.My first thought was they have a bunch of 260`s left over and are trying to move them!!!! WRONG they actually have 6 fzr`s left and no 260`s ive known these guys for 20 years and they are very honest when it comes to testing new units. both are very experienced ski riders!!!Which one would i purchase??i personally like the YAMAHA FZR just because of its modding potential and probably less maintenance due to kawis SC belt.I would ride both before purchasing. hope this helps!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    I am unbiased but i do own a BB gpr so im just going to give a honest opinion.My local dealer is a kawasaki and yamaha dealer,, back in august they took a new 260X and a new fzr to the local lake just to compare because of so many customers asking which one is faster!! which one rides the smoothest and so on,,, so on.up until they rode them side by side they could`nt give an honest answer..
    Here`s what both guys told me,,,,,, The kawasaki was much snappier out of the hole!!!!
    the kawasaki was much more forgiving when the water got ruff and on top speed they were pretty much dead even!!!!! both guys rode both skis and got the same results!!!! they drag raced from a idle and from 20mph roll and the kawasaki always jumped out by 3 to 5 boat links and stayed there the yamaha fzr could never catch up,,,because it was on the weekend the water got ruff at times and both guys said the kawasaki was the choice for them.My first thought was they have a bunch of 260`s left over and are trying to move them!!!! WRONG they actually have 6 fzr`s left and no 260`s ive known these guys for 20 years and they are very honest when it comes to testing new units. both are very experienced ski riders!!!Which one would i purchase??i personally like the YAMAHA FZR just because of its modding potential and probably less maintenance due to kawis SC belt.I would ride both before purchasing. hope this helps!!!
    Well I own both and for the most part I agree with jeff, firstly you can't go wrong with either ski. In my honest opinion if you never plan to mod at all the kawi would be my choice. Despite what some may say stock for stock my 260 felt like it had more bottom and mid with the same top end speed. definately the best rough water ski and great handling. However if you want speed and plan to do some mods the fzr is untouchable from my experience. I have never seen a ski with so much potential with such minor modifications. With about 2k in parts it is a completely different ski. I don't plan on getting rid of either so really it is a judgement call. What do you plan to use it for and what type of riding do you like. they are both good at specific things.

edit: After reading my post I got to thinking about how much I love both boats but for different reasons. I will most likely keep my 260 forever or until it falls apart. The fzr is a ski I will keep until the next fastest easiest to mod ski comes around. If I could only keep one it would be the 260. On that note the fzr is the best handling, most visceral and powerful ski I have ridden, it just doesnt eat up the chop the way the ultra does and my passion is still offshore. If you are on lakes and never hit the ocean I see no reason to get anything other than the fzr. I think i have probably just confused you more.

Thanks for your guys' opinions I am probly go with the ultra 260x mainly because i'm gonna start offshore racing and that 260x i guess from what i hear it cuts right through the swells

I am completely biased here. Everything else sucks and your best to get a Kawi.

The kawi is amazing in chop. It sounds awesome, rides awesome, and looks awesome.

Personally i hate the FZR. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    your asking that question on a kawasaki forum of course we are all going to say buy the 260, ask the same question on the yamaha forum and guess what they are all going to say? rode with an fzr today and he rode mine my 250 beats it hands down in all conditions + rides a hell of alot smoother in the rough.
    Dude, check your sig....and then check mine. My FZS has about 1/4 the mods yours has and will outrun it in all but heavy chop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information