Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 sea doo rxp opinions

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum I'm looking at purchasing a left over 2008 rxp 215 at the local dealership. Price right now is 8500 with trailer. I was wondering if this is a good deal and overall opinions and information you guys may have on this machine. thanks
    Last edited by Lenn1562; 11-07-2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    I went to the states couple months ago and paid $8400 out the door but no trailer. 2008+ have updated superchargers with metal washers so if your buying a new left over stick with the 08 as o7s have ceramic washers in the supercharger and will need to be changed. I would say if you getting it for $8500 out the door price with trailer thats a good deal but still try and knock it down or get some pfd's a cover ect ect thrown in as well to sweeten the deal.

+1
    welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    I went to the states couple months ago and paid $8400 out the door but no trailer. 2008+ have updated superchargers with metal washers so if your buying a new left over stick with the 08 as o7s have ceramic washers in the supercharger and will need to be changed. I would say if you getting it for $8500 out the door price with trailer thats a good deal but still try and knock it down or get some pfd's a cover ect ect thrown in as well to sweeten the deal.
    thanks for the info. How do you like your rxp? any mods or anything you did to it when you got?

+1
    I really like the ski. There very reliable as long as you take care of the supercharger. Read the link to the left called Supercharger info. Im just starting to mod it now but wont get the ski on the water for 5 months.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn1562 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum I'm looking at purchasing a left over 2008 rxp 215 at the local dealership. Price right now is 8500 with trailer. I was wondering if this is a good deal and overall opinions and information you guys may have on this machine. thanks
    That's a pretty good deal with the trailer, not sure if you are talking "out the door price" or not. I certainly would not pay more than that, because it's already almost a two year old unit.

See if you can get them to throw in the 3 year extended warranty; that's something you definitely want to get for your protection; repairs on these high performance craft can easily run into the thousands.

Some states like here in Florida prevent you from towing a tube or wake board with a 2 seater (illegal), if that's not your intent then it's a great handling watercraft with great acceleration.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Some states like here in Florida prevent you from towing a tube or wake board with a 2 seater (illegal), if that's not your intent then it's a great handling watercraft with great acceleration.
    damn thats gay.
    we tow my manta ray. well we fly it behind any fast 2 seater, in front of the coast guard, and they dont care.

Only thing for sure they will get you if anyone gets to close to the Naval ship fleet, (real nice fleet of about 10-15 ships)
    they will tell you to f**k off.

and no drinking and boating and the rest of your must haves, registration, pfd, tags.

That's a pretty good deal with the trailer, not sure if you are talking "out the door price" or not. I certainly would not pay more than that, because it's already almost a two year old unit.

See if you can get them to throw in the 3 year extended warranty; that's something you definitely want to get for your protection; repairs on these high performance craft can easily run into the thousands.

thats the out the door price right now with a 1 year warranty, I know this may sound stupid but I don't have much experience bargaining with dealers. Any tips on how to get them to throw in free stuff or lower the price? And I am one of those illegal states but I wasn't buying the machine for tubing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn1562 View Post
    thats the out the door price right now with a 1 year warranty, I know this may sound stupid but I don't have much experience bargaining with dealers. Any tips on how to get them to throw in free stuff or lower the price?
    Not really, you have to just be willing to shop around and get other quotes; see if they can beat your best deal. And always be polite but still willing to walk away if you don't like the deal... in this economy, it's a buyer's market; just find a dealer who is willing to take you off the market.

Not really, you have to just be willing to shop around and get other quotes; see if they can beat your best deal. And always be polite but still willing to walk away if you don't like the deal... in this economy, it's a buyer's market; just find a dealer who is willing to take you off the market.
    Thanks I'll see what I can do going down there wednesday to try to work some numbers with them...I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information