Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Taking Off Raider Impeller

What tool do I need to take off my WaveRaider impeller. It has a Skat-Trac 14/18. Is this impeller any good compared to SOLAS? It would need to be grinded/refinished or should I just get a new one? Also what type of grease/lubrication should I get to put in the pump shaft?

Thanks,

Adam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam E. View Post
    What tool do I need to take off my WaveRaider impeller. It has a Skat-Trac 14/18. Is this impeller any good compared to SOLAS? It would need to be grinded/refinished or should I just get a new one? Also what type of grease/lubrication should I get to put in the pump shaft?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,
    There is a custom Scat tool you can buy....to remove the prop just remember that you also need a drive shaft holder tool also and the threads are backwards! Scats are good..however, I would try a XO prop.....and or a Solas 13/19 depending on your mods. I would put some anti-seize on the threads.....

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Adam,
    There is a custom Scat tool you can buy....to remove the prop just remember that you also need a drive shaft holder tool also and the threads are backwards! Scats are good..however, I would try a XO prop.....and or a Solas 13/19 depending on your mods. I would put some anti-seize on the threads.....

M
    Its a Raider 700 if that helps. This one is going to be a limited. I'm just going to do an oversize on the pistons (blown engine), flame arrestors, ride plate, and intake.

+1
    Ahh....I would run an "I" prop on it "Solas"...I didn't know it was for the twin..and or a "hooker" prop....

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Ahh....I would run an "I" prop on it "Solas"...I didn't know it was for the twin..and or a "hooker" prop....

M
    Thanks for the help Mike. A couple more questions if you don't mind...What grease should I put back into the pump housing and intermediate shaft? And should I be sealing the pump pieces with any sealant?

Adam

+1
    Any good marine grease will work for the pump...nothing special is really needed. As far as sealing, I would recommend some 3m 4300 fast cure and run you a very small bead around the stator/wear ring sections ...but the exit nozzle don't need it really since it won't be sucking air like those other parts. I would also seal up your pump tunnel where the intake grate rests to make sure it get's water only and does not suck air around the grate. Do this before placing your pump back into the ski.

4200 3M on all parts...and any decent marine grease for pump, intermediate etc

M

+1
    Not to threadjack, but are the impeller tools different between a Skat and Solas? As pictured in my pump thread, this Solas has a billet cone.. does it just pry off?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris03HD View Post
    Not to threadjack, but are the impeller tools different between a Skat and Solas? As pictured in my pump thread, this Solas has a billet cone.. does it just pry off?
    Yup....Solas has a steel tooth style tool while Scat has a Hex tool. Yes you pry off hte billet cone "there will be a oring" on the outside and 2 on the inside

M

+1
    Thanks.

+1
    you bet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information