Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    71

    RXP x what would you pay?

    I've been looking at Rxp's and came across a Rxp x 08 25hrs got the guy down to $7k over the phone. Says there are no cracks. Knowing the tunnel cracking problems what should I pay for this ski or should I pass. What does it cost to fix the tunnel and are the fixes holding up.
    I ride on a tidal river no big waves.


  2. #2
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I've been looking at Rxp's and came across a Rxp x 08 25hrs got the guy down to $7k over the phone. Says there are no cracks. Knowing the tunnel cracking problems what should I pay for this ski or should I pass. What does it cost to fix the tunnel and are the fixes holding up.
    I ride on a tidal river no big waves.
    $7000 sounds like a great deal if its clean. I would not worry about the tunnel on the px. The tx's are the ones that have the major issues.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    71
    I've done a lot of googling on this and the p's are cracking too. any idea what the fix costs?

  4. #4
    pet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Washington DC metro
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I've done a lot of googling on this and the p's are cracking too. any idea what the fix costs?
    get it for $7000k, very good deal! and enjoy!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    3
    I was quoted $750 to reinforce the hull after sending in all the photos of what needed to be done. So I would say worse case scenerio would be $750 if you pay a shop to do it.

    The 2009 RXP-X are selling new with trailor tax and license for $11,500 near me.

    Make sure you read up on all the changes between 2008 and 2009 models. I would not buy a 2008 after seeing the major changes to 2009.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    71
    Hi I looked at your pump tunnel pics The outside(inside the hull looks easy but the bottom looks like a PITA did you remove all thr gellcote down to the glass? and how did you restore the gelcote?

  7. #7
    tempest.runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    860
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by K9EXDET View Post
    I was quoted $750 to reinforce the hull after sending in all the photos of what needed to be done. So I would say worse case scenerio would be $750 if you pay a shop to do it.

    The 2009 RXP-X are selling new with trailor tax and license for $11,500 near me.

    Make sure you read up on all the changes between 2008 and 2009 models. I would not buy a 2008 after seeing the major changes to 2009.
    What major changes? I didn't see anything really significant.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    71
    I saw a couple of posts that dealers are selling leftover 08's new with warantee for $8500 out the door. I found a local dealer with a o9 but he wont go less than 9250

    Any chance Seadoo will recall and fix these ?

  9. #9
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I saw a couple of posts that dealers are selling leftover 08's new with warantee for $8500 out the door. I found a local dealer with a o9 but he wont go less than 9250

    Any chance Seadoo will recall and fix these ?
    $8500 out the door? I doubt that. If this is true, get to driving.

    As for S/D doing a recall, no way.
    Like what was said before, the Ps do not have near as man tunnels cracked as the Ts.

    PS,
    $7K is a great price on the used P.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2005 RXP - What would you pay?
    By peebee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
  2. what would you pay?
    By Lenn1562 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM
  3. RXP x what would you pay?
    By rsmith in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 08:30 AM
  4. What would you pay?
    By RedlineR6 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
  5. What would you pay for 1 mph?
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 03:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •