+1

300 foot Roostertail!

Could a jet ski ever come close to this? Now thats FAST! I bet the boat is pretty small too. about 10-12 foot. Same as big jetskis are. Why can't anyone bust a 110 plus on a ski. seems possible watching this. Or does the engine have to be hidden? lol 244mph. I thought 70 was fast!

Anyone else have super fast boats / and or ski vids? 89 mph or better ?

[/URL]

no video , but my uncle use to race modified pulling tractors and 4x4 pulling trucks a few years back , and ended up taking a 454 blown engine out of the 4x4 and putting it in a flat bottomed speed boat . long story short i got a ride in it one day , and HOLY [email protected]*K . you want to know what fast is . we hit short of 100mph on glass like water, and i never will do it again . i was shaking for hours afterward. seriously !!
    there is no stability to the flat bottom hulls and makes for a very unsettling ride. but the open headers and deep valley make for some pretty cool sound !! cottage owners ....not so happy .

+1
    here's one thats run over 100mph with a propellor out the back

+1
    Yeah Boss, I hear ya! Yikes. The fastest I've ever gone on the water is 73 mph in a 24 foot sunsation with 3 people in it. Man, we were cooking! It a had a sweet 454 in it and not much else. Keddano would know of these boats, he lived around here. he can attest to thier speed. they have bigger boats too,28ft,32 foot maybe bigger know days. I couldn't imagine going 90 on a jetski. Maybe on glass with a huge jetski would be forgiving n easy but on a Slt or a sl doing 80ish? In chop? Ahhhh, maybe not.

We were in 3 foot chop! doing 73!

I betcha my 2000 pro hull is capable of 90 on the water in smooth conditions and the right motor n impellor on it! Everyone says it sticks like glue! whatcha think? Some have gone 70 haven't they? stock is 63 right?

+1
    I don't know if I would go this fast down this river. thats pretty scary!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Yeah Boss, I hear ya! Yikes. The fastest I've ever gone on the water is 73 mph in a 24 foot sunsation with 3 people in it. Man, we were cooking! It a had a sweet 454 in it and not much else. Keddano would know of these boats, he lived around here. he can attest to thier speed. they have bigger boats too,28ft,32 foot maybe bigger know days. I couldn't imagine going 90 on a jetski. Maybe on glass with a huge jetski would be forgiving n easy but on a Slt or a sl doing 80ish? In chop? Ahhhh, maybe not.

We were in 3 foot chop! doing 73!

I betcha my 2000 pro hull is capable of 90 on the water in smooth conditions and the right motor n impellor on it! Everyone says it sticks like glue! whatcha think? Some have gone 70 haven't they? stock is 63 right?
    it'll go 90 for sure---- 90 kph--------

+1

+1
    Ya know, my SLT's hit between 45 to 50 MPH. Maybe I'm becoming old-fartish but that's just about fast enough for me. I'd love to have a PRO785, but that's more for the bottom end grunt to do some hole shots and wave jumping. Speed ALWAYS equals money and with 3 little boys I can't be spending $$hundreds$$ (if not more) just to get 5 more MPH out of a ski or boat.

So, the armada I have floats and goes pretty well. I think that works.

+1
    Kids first! Right on!..50 is fast if you ever fallen off. I just love the Hole shot myself. Holding on for dear life! And turning on a dime Is fun too!. Not to mention to race unsuspecting volunteers that cruise and talk s)*((* t about being quick! lol Actually. It looks the best against all other skis. Show me a ski better made or looking as a 2000 Pro.! But of course, I'm biased! I got a good deal on it, a whole bunch of spare parts with it, and all the help I need on here! to make her purr! Still gonna keep the SLT for cruising and normal riding. M aybea mod or 2 on that.

Hows this for fast?!!! Hold on! Wonder if a Pro could keep up?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My pro785.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	158450  

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Giant rooster tails like that are usually the product of using a 'Surface Piercing' prop setup. This is where the top half of the propeller actually comes out of the water while the bottom half does all of the pushing. This allows the propeller to unload on the top half allowing for better efficiency. The water that rides up with the prop is then thrown by the unloaded part of the prop in the form of a giant rooster tail. Impressive looking, great for speed, but I wouldn't want to ski behind one!

Thread Information