Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to check which cam&pist are on ultra?

As title i want to know an easy way for dummies to understand if in my ski there are 09 cam and pistons or normal 08.....

I don't have mechanic skills to unmount engine... Are there other possible ways?

I hope so. I want also to check which timing as put inside ski. The sellers says 6 deg but the ski seems not so different

thank

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    As title i want to know an easy way for dummies to understand if in my ski there are 09 cam and pistons or normal 08.....

I don't have mechanic skills to unmount engine... Are there other possible ways?

I hope so. I want also to check which timing as put inside ski. The sellers says 6 deg but the ski seems not so different

thank
    Unless you have x ray vision you would need to pull the valve cover to check cam part# and cyl to check pistons. You can pull front cover and remove timeing wheel and check that yourself. Im jut curious YOur affraid to pull the motor. But yet you want to build your ski up to the hilt.? Ether take the plunge make mistakes break things learn to work on things or leave it to someone who knows what there doing.

Yor tought are right.. but i will explain you...in my project i will be helped by a mechanic....now i am alone and don't want to make too much bad things but i am ready to learn...

Follow my ideas..... 09 pistons can go only with 09 cam, isn't it? so if i check cam it will be enough....

How to check cam? How to unistall? then do i need to pull out or only make some photos and see?

thanks

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    why don't you wait till you start your project and you have help before you go tearing into something you may not be able to put back together yourself? it will be cheaper that way in the long run.

were you told the boat had 09 cams and pistons in it?

The seller wrote it in the contract but i am not sure due to no diff with stock 08. .

In fact i asked if there is a simply way. If it is too difficult i will wait.

Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    Yor tought are right.. but i will explain you...in my project i will be helped by a mechanic....now i am alone and don't want to make too much bad things but i am ready to learn...

Follow my ideas..... 09 pistons can go only with 09 cam, isn't it? so if i check cam it will be enough....

How to check cam? How to unistall? then do i need to pull out or only make some photos and see?

thanks
    09 or 260 pistons can go with 07-08 cams as well

I think this one suffers from H.A.D.D.. Good god this guy is all over the place......

I'm trying to be everywhere!! Ah ah ah ah. Sorry what's for haad? Am i not askholic? Now changed? No!!!!!

Why you americans love too much to shorten words?? It is very very very difficult to understand .... Others need a legend!!!!

How can I say this politely,?

WHY DO YOU ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS ON SO MANY DIFFERENT SUBJECTS?????. Its frustrating as hell to answer your 50 PMs in a week asking everything under the sun, most about stuff you'll never do nor want to pay for.

You then will post questions here after wasting my time and many others on the PM's. If you need help on something your working on then fine but you've bombed this forum with questions and its killing us.

I know I'm not alone when I say that I'm over the tire kicking.

I understand our english is often confusing.

Tire Kicker

Not that you are but you resemble one in your actions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information