Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1

Exclamation Home Security, Wireless Cams, HELP!

Here is the layout.

Yesterday I woke up to find the stereo out my Silverado stolen. As you can see in this pic, my truck stays outside, I keep the cars inside the garage, and so do the Seadoos.
    the dashboard frame on the truck was broken, Pioneer stereo apparently was ripped out. I called the police, they took pics of the damage, wrote a report. etc.

A month ago I set a trap on my front yard to catch some cats, because there are lots of loose cats around my street, and I hate to cut the grass and smell their shit. Anyways after setting my small hog trap, It becomes missing withing 1 hour, this was at night, I called the police, they wrote a report, etc.

I told the police that It must have been the only 16 year old kid in my block, because i live on a dead end street, full of mostly old folks, and sadly, my house is the biggest nicest one, on the street, I have a long driveway that leads to my 3 car garage.

the cop told me pretty much that in the state of Texas i can beat up the person only if its my same age, but will have to pay a $180 fine, the cop told me it was worth it, also I have the right in the state of Texas to defend my property, I hate to think about it but if this continues that kid will end up being shot.

I have no video/picture proof that it was him, so the police cannot do anything about it.

Im sure it was the kid because I seen him on my front yard, tearing up my newspapers, My truck was loaded with, a new craftman saw, drills, oakley glasses, check book, tools, etc. he only took the stereo, which narrows it down that who ever stole it had to be on foot, to only take one thing.

I am really angry, that I'm shaking while typing this,

I found some wireless cameras on ebay, I like this better, than wired.
    the model is D-LINK DCS, I'm new when it comes to security cams so ay help will be appreciated,

I do have ADT system throughout my entire house, Just not outside,

Here is a pic of how my house looks from the street,
    I plan on putting a camera on the corner of my house pointing towards the driveway, I do have a halogen light in the the driveway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_7745e72daa0f4c12ae7c496b173b9ab9.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	158483

Moderated
    have a look at www.smartvue.com

they are wireless, self contained and very high quality unlike dlink but they do come at a price. however they are weather proof, use h264 encoding and come with a dedicated DVM which you can access over the internet or by mobile phone if you use their WAP enabled technoligy.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I bet that stupid ass kid put that CD player in his car...I can almost bet on that! Go check it out. I bet its there. Id say shoot the little bastard with an air rifle. he'll never forget that. Kill'em next time.

+1
    Doesn't ADT set up outside security and camera systems?

+1
    when I had an issue with this type thing years ago before cameras were afordable a quick fix for me was an outlet in my motion light, And a cord that ran to a small radio turned up loud in my room... Ghetto security.. But it worked.. And I stoped a group of kids trying to steal my car..

Once you have the sensetivity set so animals dont set it off it worked great..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L125-W-EA-2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	158490  

+1
    I dont know if ADT has it or not. I wanted to buy a wireless camera, so I can monitor/record from my computer,

I'm on a budget, so I cant go out and spend 400 for a cam. but I will look into all the given links.

the kid does not have a car, we call him hippie or Ozzy, he has long hair, and wears tight skater pants, I will break his knees from the front with my high school baseball bat

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I know exactly how you feel... I had my truck broken into in my own driveway 2 years ago I got hit for around $1300 worth of tools and computer equipment that I use for work. It could have been a lot worse though... as there was plenty of more valuables to take, including two guns It stays in the garage now! You can't have enough cameras around your property! I have a wired system with four interior cams, two infrared cams in the garage, and ten infared night vision cams covering my entire exterior... all sony. The DVR runs two mirrored 750GB drives, and holds about 2-3 months of recorded information until it overwrites. It also has a built in web server, so it can be accessed from any computer on the internet. If there is any motion sensed on any of my 6 interior cams, it sends me an e-mail on my phone with an attached jpeg picture of the occured motion. If your interested in a wired system... I highly recommend that you check out this site.

www.cctvfactory.com

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post

I'm on a budget, so I cant go out and spend 400 for a cam.

400 will buy NOTHING BUT A CHEAP SET UP.... nice cams night vision..With your view expect 3g on a nice dvr set up with cams.. good stuff dont skimp or http://www.123securityproducts.com/dont buy..If you buy cheap you might as well stay out side with a shot gun for best results cause those cheap setups are just that..This is one area wheres as u pay for what ya get....I have sony cams night vision with a dvr that id hook to my comupter wheres as i can view from anywheres i have internet wifi...Hope this helps

+1
    i'm already out about $300 on this gig. thats not including the dash part thats broken or the new stereo i have to find. I think in my situation i would only need some protection in the front, I have a privacy fence all behing my house and I have my bigass Great Dane dog, so the back its covered, its just the driveday, that i need to watch, you have to cross my driveway to get to my garages/truck. i have privacy fence on all my property including sides of the house, except the front yard

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    if you just want to catch the little bastard, just bait'em. set your truck or something shiny out in the drive way and wait...Its like fishing. I can bet that he will hit your house again with such an easy target. Then just F%$# him up in the front yard

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information