Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

riva pump wedge.

Does this stage 1 pump wedge really do anything. I know they say it allows the front of the to get up higher for more top speed but I can trim my front up so far that my top speed goes down.

+1
    Yes you can..You can over trim your ski....Youll have to go out on flat water by yourself with a GPS and watch your speed and RPMs as you trim..You will see you RPMs and speed start to drop once you pass the skis sweet spot..Then once you do find your sweet spot,note that..Most say to run your trim 2 clicks above nuetral but seeing you added a wedge you might have thrown that out..Did you add the VTS extention rod too??If so your adjustment will be close to the 2 clicks but youll still have to find your skis sweet spot.

+1
    So really the wedge doesn't add any top speed at all. It just changes the sweet spot. Is that correct?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    So really the wedge doesn't add any top speed at all. It just changes the sweet spot. Is that correct?

No..The edge will and does add 1 MPH proven..You will need to find your trims sweet spot and run it there...Did you put the VTS extention rod on or are you running the oem one?

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    It gives you more ski out of the water, so there is less water friction, I've been running a 2.5 degree wedge for 3 years, and I like it. +1-2mph on top end

VTS extension rod a must, should not even sell wedge without that in my opinion

You'll have to as Jammer 1 about 'sweet spots'

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    No..The wedge will and does add 1 MPH proven
    I used to think that until I tested it this summer. Did a back to back and didn't lose a thing. Ran 75.1mph one way and 75.2mph the opposite way. Took the wedge off went back out and did the same thing and ran 75.3mph and 75.1mph. I like the way the ski corners and handles chop without the wedge. Very small difference, but I notice it a little bit. If you're the type of rider that likes the bow to ride a little higher when going on long straight line cruises then go for it. Gives you a little drier ride. I would not buy one again, but it came with my Riva stage 1 kit. If I had the choice again I'd drop the extra coin and get a rideplate or pump extension. I'm glad I sold the wedge when I did.

Another thing I will say is results will vary from ski to ski. Biggest factor is probably the pump shoe alignment as we saw with PBJ's ski and the pump extension.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    it is my understanding that the wedge straightens the water comming out of the nozz.le ..making it more efficiant ..as well as lifting the front of the ski ..a ski without trim it helps more than a ski with

i second get a ride plate ...if you ride salt go with a heat exchanger...

snowman how do you adjust the vts rod

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fh23rxp-x View Post
    snowman how do you adjust the vts rod

A stock OEM VTS rod is non adjustable..When installing a pump wedge it is recommended to use the Riva VTS extenion rod:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=373

The Riva VTS extention rod comes pre-set to the setting for the wedge BUT can be adjusted to fine tune your trim depending on the rider and his/her preferance..To adjust the Riva extention rod all you do is loosen up the jam nut and spin the hyme joint in/out to adjust to your likeing..Then once you reach your desired likeing just tighten the jam nut...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VTS.gif 
Views:	70 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	158784  

+1
    If you ride in rough water pump wedge sucks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information