Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Coolant Leak

  1. #1
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,893
    +1
    502

    Coolant Leak

    I have a coolant leak somewhere around the thermostat area as far as I can tell without further inspection looks to be a spray leak will have to check it out when I have more time! It is under the throttle body intake hose! Is there any common problems in that area to look for? Do they make a coolant pressure tester for these 4 tec's?
    Thanks


  2. #2
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,893
    +1
    502
    TTT

  3. #3
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    822
    If you still have the stock spring clamp on your coolant bottle, replace it. Mine was little loose and sprayed coolant out around the throttle body and oil filter cap.

  4. #4
    jetskibum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tairua New Zealand
    Posts
    496
    +1
    11

    Coolant level

    Is your coolant level going down??? Just to be sure it is coolant coming out and not water spraying in from the seat base which for all money "looks like" coolant on the engine.
    Just a thought.

  5. #5
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,893
    +1
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    If you still have the stock spring clamp on your coolant bottle, replace it. Mine was little loose and sprayed coolant out around the throttle body and oil filter cap.
    Thanks for the heads up I think I still do!

  6. #6
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,893
    +1
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibum1 View Post
    Is your coolant level going down??? Just to be sure it is coolant coming out and not water spraying in from the seat base which for all money "looks like" coolant on the engine.
    Just a thought.
    No it's def coolant!

  7. #7
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Thanks for the heads up I think I still do!
    Replace it with a good worm clamp. I did and no more coolant sprayed everywhere.

  8. #8
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,893
    +1
    502
    10-4 Thanks Gus

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    tanpa
    Posts
    47
    Run it with the seat off and look to see where is coming from. My friend 04 rxp had a pin hole in one of the hoses it only spray at wot.

  10. #10
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by seawoolf View Post
    Run it with the seat off and look to see where is coming from. My friend 04 rxp had a pin hole in one of the hoses it only spray at wot.
    +1 Easiest way to see what is going on. Ive seen water leaks not show up until under throtle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Coolant leak
    By da1nonlyrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
  2. coolant leak?
    By mxl16 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
  3. Coolant Leak
    By luismendez25 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
  4. Coolant Leaking...
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Coolant Leak?
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 05:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •