1000 miles in 24-hours - Nov 12

Professional PWC Racer Eric Lagopoulos Attempts to Break Three World Records on Thursday, November 12, 2009 with Effort Helping the Boomer Esiason Foundation in Project Dream.

Melbourne, FL – November 11, 2009 Eric Lagopoulos will be testing his physical and mental being this Thursday, November 12 by attempting to ride over 1000 miles in 24-hours on a Sea-Doo watercraft. November 12 is Guinness Book Of World Records day and Lagopoulos, will be attempting to break the records for most miles ridden on a PWC in 24 hours, most in six hours, and quickest time to 1000 kilometers by doing multiple laps on the 10-mile long, 200-foot wide C-54 canal in South Brevard County. Lagopoulos will be riding for a cause in Project Dream as he will be raising money for the Boomer Eisiason Foundation with every mile he completes, helping the families with children that suffer from cystic fibrosis.

Lagopoulos is a veteran professional PWC racer from Long Boat Key, FL and is fresh off capturing the APBA HydroDrag Vintage National Championship at this same venue the weekend prior and will be attempting to complete over 50 laps on the 20-mile loop. The Project Dream base will be at the C-54 Canal launch ramp facility where Lagopoulos will have a support team for refueling, providing meals, and moral support. Lagopoulos will have to fight fatigue, both physical and mental, to accomplish the feat.

“What I will go through to break these three world records is nothing compared to what the kids with Cystic Fibrosis go through every day.” said Lagopoulos. “The Boomer Esiason Foundation does incredible work to help these families cope with these challenges every day. I will do my best to help the cause and the cause will help keep me focused on the goal. Now I need the help of the watercraft community to make the true difference by supporting the effort with donations.”

Lagopoulos will begin his attempt in the early morning hours aboard a Sea-Doo RXT iS watercraft and he hopes he can avoid the unexpected to stay on track to break the records. “Anything can happen out there going 65 mph for that long.” noted Lagopoulos. “There are alligators, snakes, logs, big flying bugs…all kinds of stuff to deal with, but it is a good venue for this and we welcome people from Central Florida to come and watch, support us, and make a donation. It is a good time to help (with a donation), leading into the holidays….and beyond the obvious of helping the kids, the donations are tax deductable!”

To learn more about this record and to support this worth while charity, visit and .
    Last edited by systemerror; 11-11-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: format

Tampa Bay, FL
    Brett at Jet Trendz was just telling me about this. Good luck man!

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Wellington, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterTop View Post
    Professional PWC Racer Eric Lagopoulos Attempts to Break Three World Records on Thursday, November 12, 2009 with Effort Helping the Boomer Esiason Foundation in Project Dream.

???????? So what ended up happening? Any results from the day?????

Tampa Bay
    Good job!!

Thread Information