Just got a 06 RXP --first ride today

Great ski....although it takes lot of will power to keep the throttle under 75% for 10 hrs....

A couple of questions for other RXP owners:

1) I thought the display was supposed to also tell you direction (North, south...)? Mine just displays the word "Seadoo" then whole time I am riding.

2) Does adding the Riva open air intake kit really help that much in performance without doing anything else? Also does it effect gas consumption? What about the rumor about causing the ski the run too lean?

3) Why would you need a pump wedge if you have a VTS? I understand the concept of having one for skis without a VTS.

4) Has anyone added the depth sounder option to the RXP yet?

As soon as I get the 10 hrs and get the service done I will get the OPAS removed and put on a finger throttle.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    David

Mode button on left bar below VTS should give you options-my 04 gives RPM, tripometer, speedo, hours, km traveled and SEADOO. The other stuff you mentioned I can only help with a few things- I don't have a wedge but many member swear by them. The intercooler by itself just increases air flow so I'm not sure that just an intercooler is going to do much. I'd start with this- change your washers to steel ones (supercharger.) Buy Rotax Racing ECU, SC impellor, and 42lb injectors. Freebies are all over this board so search these key words in the search engine located above- "rideplate holes," "nosecone." Get some block-offs from Jerry. I'd start there. There's a guy on this board who's running huge speed without egine mods, find his profile........good luck.

no mode button on the 06 --beginning to think the compass is not on the 06 not like I ever used it just was curious as to where it was.

no mode button ,but you should have a compass. Unless you get the pro or RE opas blockoffs I would not remove it. the regular opas blockoffs cause the ski to porpoise like crazy at top speed. Also the riva intake does improve the performance and you can hear the S/C whining alot more, which I like.

When I have the 10hr service done I will have the dealer check it out. Might just be something turned off on the MPEM.

Is the OPAS block off that RIVA sells for $299 the PRO or RE version or do I order those elsewhere? Do those cause more drag meaning slower speed or do they just help in choppy water? Most of my riding is on local rivers and lakes so not much chop.

i would just go with the 4" air intake setup. u will have to custom make it but i hear it helps out a lot more than the 3" intake setp.

Quote Originally Posted by sabor
    2) Does adding the Riva open air intake kit really help that much in performance without doing anything else? Also does it effect gas consumption? What about the rumor about causing the ski the run too lean?

3) Why would you need a pump wedge if you have a VTS? I understand the concept of having one for skis without a VTS.
    RIVA intake will produce a 1mph gain on its own, maybe less, but not more. Get the solas 14/19 to go with it and you will see imroved acceleration and better top end.

Wedge is placed between the pump stator and venturi. Trimming the steering nozzle above 2 clicks above neutral will cause the pump to loose effectiveness which means loss in speed. The placement of the wedge prevents this because of its location between the stator and venturi. It trims up bow more for less drag = more speed (1~2mph top end). Leave trim still 2 clicks above neutral because the pump will still loose effectiveness above that.

Hope this helps.

it does help....thanks

Regarding the VTS...this is my first ski with it and I noticed that when I adjust it up or down I can never get it perfectly netrual on the display always one click above netural on the display...is this normal on the 06's?

Yes, 04,05's are the same as well.

annoying isnt it?...lol
    Yes the riva or RE opas blockoffs are the ones. they wont slow it down and they eliminate porpoising completely from what im told.
    (still waiting for my set of RE to come in) I have regualr opas blockoffs and with the wedge, grate, and power filter I am at 72mph with almost a full tank and with the ski bobbing up and down so badly, dolphins chase my ski with boners, trying to screw it.

Thread Information