Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

home made exhausts and intakes?

hey guys,
    im looking at the riva ff exhaust and air intakes. They look pretty simple. Has anyone made there own? If not can i get dimensions of both so i can try and make my own? I am a good welder and by the looks of it a small length of aluminum and a couple 90's would do the trick for exhaust and some ABS and a k&N filter and prefilter would make an air intake. I built some snorkel kits for my buddies quads out of ABS and they were very happy with them. SO if someone could give me the dimensions of both these pieces i would like to try and do it on my own before i put out all that money to buy one

Thanks guys

SHOBOATIN
    Travis

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBOATIN View Post
    hey guys,
    im looking at the riva ff exhaust and air intakes. They look pretty simple. Has anyone made there own? If not can i get dimensions of both so i can try and make my own? I am a good welder and by the looks of it a small length of aluminum and a couple 90's would do the trick for exhaust and some ABS and a k&N filter and prefilter would make an air intake. I built some snorkel kits for my buddies quads out of ABS and they were very happy with them. SO if someone could give me the dimensions of both these pieces i would like to try and do it on my own before i put out all that money to buy one

Thanks guys

SHOBOATIN
    Travis
    I made both my intake and exhaust. I used the post above as my template for the exhaust.

overall sound and performance as good as a riva unit u thinkÉ

+1
    overall sound and performance as good as a riva unit u thinkÉ

yeah nothing could alter the tone. Just straight through pipe and intake. riva is the same. It is a great sound. I also removed the flap from the exhaust outlet and removed the rubber cover from the pump area. It drones pretty bad at cruise. I am going to go to a thru-hull and modify mine slightly to work.

the pictures show the exhaust exiting through the left side if ur looking towards back of machine do u have to cut out a hole? or is that an fzr? took out exhaust tonight what a difference in space. was that thing really necessary?

Travis
    Last edited by SHOBOATIN; 11-11-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: stone cold said so

+1
    the pictures show the exhaust exiting through the left side if ur looking towards back of machine do u have to cut out a hole? or is that an fzr? took out exhaust tonight what a difference in space. was that thing really necessary?

Travis

Mine is an fzr. Yeah there is alot of crap back there. once you ride it though you will understand why it was there. It is considerably louder. Not ever one wants it that loud. Make sure if you want it truly freeflow you have to take out the rubber flap on the exhaust outlet and remove the rubber flap from the pump area.

is it a good sound though? and i have to take the ride plate off to get to the rest of the exhaust correct?

SHOBOATIN

TRAVIS

+1
    is it a good sound though? and i have to take the ride plate off to get to the rest of the exhaust correct?

SHOBOATIN

TRAVIS

The sound is awesome, just a little loud when at a slow cruise like 40mph and slower. No you dont need to take off the rideplate. Just remove the rubber flap and you can reach the exhaust outlet. It is tight but I used a ratcheting box end wrench, they are 10mm nuts I believe. Everything else is done from the inside.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    The sound is awesome, just a little loud when at a slow cruise like 40mph and slower.
    That's funny. The only reason it's loud at 40 or slower is because you can't hear it when going faster than that.

My neighbors say mine sounds awesome when I turn the bend and let her rip!

However, the drone gets anoying going the 7 min. 30 sec. it takes to get through the 10 mph lake between mine and another All-Sports lake.

And BTW I have a Riva FF (the original one that exits into the tunnel area) that I got here on the Hulk site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information