Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Water Box

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar

Water Box

I have heard that aftermarket waterboxes add a few extra hp, but add a lot more noise level. What types of gains could I expect from an aftermarket waterbox on my SL650 Sleeper project (780-800cc's)? And what is a 'lot' more noise? I haven't seen many for sale either, is it because no one wants one, or those who have them wont get rid of them?

I think the consensus is no noticeable gains. It shaves of 7 pounds of weight though.

However, I am against after market waterboxes all together. The PWC will be a lot louder and tend to piss off people around the water that already hate PWCs. Then before you know it, PWCs are band from that lake.

Just like the snowmobile problem we have here in Quebec. We have huge amount of trails crossing public and private land and because of noise trails are getting shutdown.

Actually if you are caught with an after market exhaust on trails in Quebec, it is automatic impound of your sled. I remember reading some poor guys from the New York state that came up riding for the weekend. Didn't know the law and had their sled impounded.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    +1 for keeping the ski quiet.

Stealth wins more friends on shore, noise makes more enemies.

So it is quite noticably louder than stock...enough to lose the sleeper effect? Is the stock 650 waterbox going to flow enough for the displacement that I am planning to push through it? What about a waterbox from a larger motor, or one of the domestics?

The water boxes make the ski a lot louder. Mine came with one on it when I bought it and I am louder than ever jet ski on the lake and most boats it draws a lot of attention it wouldn’t be a good add on for a sleeper.

Yeah, I want to keep the sleeper effect. What does everyone else use for a waterbox when they upgrade the engine? Is there a difference in the waterboxes in the 650, 750, and 780's? If so, would a 780 waterbox fit? Or could I fit a domestic waterbox? Or am I just worrying about something that doesn't need to be changed?

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    Or could I fit a domestic waterbox? Or am I just worrying about something that doesn't need to be changed?
    Yeah they are all the same except the lenght of the pipe needed to couple it to the exhaust hose and the color of the paint.

Then I will just not worry about it and keep the stock blue box.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

noise

what about all the super obnoixously loud motorcycles running around.because super gelatinous ass politican can maybe get his sorry ass on one nothing gets done,but he might boat so away with the noise.i know lets ban motorcycles from the roads

My son and I have a couple of Polaris skis and we are running TDR waterboxes and we really like them. Yes they are louder (mostly for the rider) but they are not that bad for people in the area. We have never had a complaint and for the most part, they are quieter than a majority of the boats on the water in our area. We like the sound of them and we don’t care about being politically correct. Performance wise, the only gain we have seen is in hole shot performance. Gone are the days of occasional bogging on take off while the engine tries to blow out all of that excess water in the stock waterbox. In my opinion, that alone makes them worth the money. We bought them brand new last year for $40 a piece off of ebay.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information