Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riva ECU

+1

Riva ECU

Hey guys just got a quick question.

Just recieved my new Riva ECU and the cheeky darkys havent even pulled off the OEM sticker behind the Riva sticker.

Now im feeling a bit hard done here because i now have a stock ecu that could have been reprogrammed and done the same thing.

Why dont Riva just offer a reprograming service?

Why do they have to use a whole new ECU?

Surely we should have the option?

It would be nice if their was a Hondata, BinkiRom, EFI Live equivalent for for the SeaDoo ECU. I would prefer to tune the ECU myself vurses sending it into someone for a "stage X reflash". The Motec is a great ECU, but I can't aford a M800 for my car let alone my jetski. I feel a bit frustrated with the situation too.

+1
    So does Riva just reprogram stock ECU's and sell them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    Hey guys just got a quick question.

Just recieved my new Riva ECU and the cheeky darkys havent even pulled off the OEM sticker behind the Riva sticker.

Now im feeling a bit hard done here because i now have a stock ecu that could have been reprogrammed and done the same thing.

Why dont Riva just offer a reprograming service?

Why do they have to use a whole new ECU?

Surely we should have the option?
    I felt the exact same way. But I realized that Riva put hard work, testing, and dyno time into that ECU. What you are paying for is their proprietary skills and time and effort. I suppose the only other viable option is seeing if Les Cooke will sell you one of his ECU's. If someone else wants to figure out how to do it cheaper, they might get a decent amount of customers. But first it must seem obtainable and 'worth it' for that person. Powerchip tried it and failed with the customer service end of it. Not sure about the performance part. And now they're out of the picture. Just my .02.

+1
    what ever happened to the re-flash program/vendor. I remember we were all talking about it like 6-9 months ago, someone had some issues with one of them and I havent heard anything since then.

+1
    Yeah what pisses me off that i wish i could just send my OEM ECU instead of me paying the cost for a new one.

I would happily pay $800 or whatever and send my ECU than having to buy a new OEM ECU and then putting my stock on the shelf.

+1
    that was power chip. they never did work right i guess so Jerry pulled them from the store
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    what ever happened to the re-flash program/vendor. I remember we were all talking about it like 6-9 months ago, someone had some issues with one of them and I havent heard anything since then.

+1
    I think the best option as far as using the stock ECU is to send it to Les he has done hundreds of them.

He can also tailor a map depending on your mods although you will still have to tune to get the best out of it. He has different rev limits, can have it mapped for 42s or 60s. There are alot of benifits over the Riva ECU, only down side is the cost of shipping from AUS which isnt cheap coz Les only uses DHL.

If you want a bolt on (ish) kit then get the whole riva stage 3 package and you will have a fast ski that is made up of parts that have been tested to work together. If you want something different then pick all your parts then have a chat with Les and get something worked out for your requirments. R88

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    God forbid we would get anything like efi live that we could share tunes and tweak things.

+1
    That would rock!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information