Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stage 1 for RXP question

I was on the Riva page and they claim the stage 1 kit will get an RXP to 72....is that accurate?

Regarding the OPAS removal kits, is that $300 racing OPAS removal kit worth it vs the 70$ kit in terms of speed?

I was looking at doing the stage 1 plus finger throttle, opas removal, and vortex SC impeller upgrade.

Will that put me in the 73+ range or is that wishful thinking?

I think you get a little higher then that probaly about 74-5 with sc impeller and with a stage one.

+1
    stage 1 71 - 72 my stage 2 only at 73.4.It all depends on conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by sabor
    I was on the Riva page and they claim the stage 1 kit will get an RXP to 72....is that accurate?

Regarding the OPAS removal kits, is that $300 racing OPAS removal kit worth it vs the 70$ kit in terms of speed?

I was looking at doing the stage 1 plus finger throttle, opas removal, and vortex SC impeller upgrade.

Will that put me in the 73+ range or is that wishful thinking?
    You will probaly see aroun 71-72 depending on heat and water temp. That SC impeller doesn't do much for top speed but helps with holeshot and acceleration through the RPM range. I have the same setup but my RPM's are down with the hot water temps and im getting 70-71 mph on GPS.

As far as Riva's claims of 72mph it varies with every boat depending on where you are located and the temperature. Keep in mind that one 14/19r may be a bit different than another from the factory but it's nothing that Jerry can't fix with a little magic. With the opas if you want to stay hooked up in the chop get the RE pro blockoffs from Jerry. While they don't do too much for making your boat faster you will be able to hold on to your speed with ease instead of just a few lucky bursts on the top end. It'll create a world of difference. As far as adding on a vortech impeller it shouldn't do too much for your top end but it will affect acceleration. If you're lucky however all of this work and some of those free mods may put you at or above 72. It can be done.

Thanks everyone,

One other thing, I noticed Riva sells a hood scoop that replaces the small storage bucket on the top for some sort of air scoop. Does this really help performance or just perhaps cuts down a little on the loss of RPMS during the hotter months.

Anyone use this mod?

Check out my setup. It mostly depends on conditions. Im willing to bet that if I ran at sea level I would be at 72+mph.

Thanks everyone,

One other thing, I noticed Riva sells a hood scoop that replaces the small storage bucket on the top for some sort of air scoop. Does this really help performance or just perhaps cuts down a little on the loss of RPMS during the hotter months.

Anyone use this mod?
    People have done it. Direct connect it to the RIVA intake for better results.

Sadly no one on here has done a specific test on this and documented it to see if they gained RPM, which would = more speed after a prop tweek. Jerry did with his wifes ski, but she was already on the rev limiter, so He couldn't tell if she gained any RPM.

thanks....that looks exactly like the setup I was looking for plus also doing the vortex impeller.

What sort of range do you get on a tank with that setup? I do a lot of river riding so distance is also a concern for me although speed won out on that decision when I was ski shopping..LOL

+1
    Thanks everyone,

Anyone use this mod?
    I have this on my RXP, installed it along with the t-stat. Dont think I gained any rpms but eliminated heat fade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc-014f_163.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	7331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc-005f_405.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	7332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc-007f_757.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	7333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc-006f_107.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	7334  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information