+1

Seadoo Gti Le 2004 Help With Pics

]Hey guys i have posted before but never added pictures so this might be better for you guys to help me. I am currently am getting water in my hull only while riding i have posted a picture to see what could be the problem and also what do those 2 black boxes do. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0070.JPG 
Views:	503 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	158919

+1
    They suck water out of the hull when it moves forward. The flow through the pump is creating a vacuum or venturi effect. to draw the water out.

+1
    Thank your for your reply, would one of the black boxes might not be working because i am getting water in the hull. At the front of the ski water comes out on one side should it come out on both sides?? as there are 2 small holes on both sides

it could also b water coming through the drive shaft, check to see if the rubber coupling is on propperly

does the ski ever rev out and not go anywhere like theres a clutch system and the clutch is in (like a car), because i had that problem and it was a 3/4 circle clip that had come off and wasnt holding that rubber coupling on properly

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtile04 View Post
    Thank your for your reply, would one of the black boxes might not be working because i am getting water in the hull. At the front of the ski water comes out on one side should it come out on both sides?? as there are 2 small holes on both sides
    That water you see coming out the one side should be the pisser (this is an air bleed for the cooling system that also acts as a sight read to tell you that the boat has cooling flow).

They only have the pisser on one side.

Those other holes in the side are probably the battery vent and a couple of air vents.

That said, there are a couple of common causes for what is happening.

First would be those bailers (the black boxes). The work via a vacuum created in the venturi (the cone bolted to the back of the jet pump). This vacuum is created by a pair of plastic tubes that stick out into the jet flow in the venturi (as the water passes around these tubes a low pressure area is created at the opening of the tube causing them to suck through the bailers).

If one of both of those plastic tubes has fallen out, however, there will be no vacuum and the pressure in the venturi will force water, at a considerable rate, up into the bailer and thus into the hull.

So, look in through the steering nozzel and into the venturi and there should be two plastic tubes sticking out at the top about half way into the venturi. They are often white but may be black.

The other common issue would be with the carbon seal. The seal is visible in the picture right behind the plastic PTO cover (the gray thing). It is held by a clamp into a rubber accordian boot.

If grease gets on that carbon seal it does not work very well. Also, the accordian boots can get weak over time. The boot is supposed to hold the seal up against that stainless collar (thus causing it to seal). If this does not happen you will get leakage at higher speeds (where higher pressure is created in the pump tunnel).

There is a circlip that holds that stainless collar in place on the drive shaft. You may want to pull that collar back against the seal until you see either the clip (as it should be) or the groove in the drive shaft (which would be a problem since that would mean the clip has fallen out).

You can test that accordian boot by backing the trailer in with the boat strapped down (make sure the pump is well under but only do this on a ramp that is fairly free of debris). Start the boat up with the seat and that PTO cover off and rev it up while watching the seal for any water coming in around the seal (again, make sure the boat is tight on the trailer). If it is leaking, you should know. You may need to rev it pretty hard as it may only leak under a heavy load.

+1
    mrbtd and fattman1121

Sorry for stepping on your posts. That is what I get for writing too much, but I hate to change it after putting War and Peace on the screen.

+1
    wow kruch thank you very much for your help, your help is very much appreciated i will try this tomorrow and let you now how i go. cheers guys

Thread Information