Thread: alum pump shoe?

alum pump shoe?

i found on forum this pic and dont know what is it for? i was talking with my guy how repairs me sea-doo and he said that in beginning if this tunnel is so small and if to make this slut bigger, it could take more water. like sea-doo made it specially to reduce speed...and lots of people can make powerfull engine but it will be hard to go fast with small tunnel....any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alum pump shoe.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	158925

+1
    I think your guy is on glue????? The X boats have bigger tunnels and at high speed the pump will overstuff and buck you off. If you goal is top speed then stick with a rxp and mod it.

Quote Originally Posted by skatsuba View Post
    i found on forum this pic and dont know what is it for? i was talking with my guy how repairs me sea-doo and he said that in beginning if this tunnel is so small and if to make this slut bigger, it could take more water. like sea-doo made it specially to reduce speed...and lots of people can make powerfull engine but it will be hard to go fast with small tunnel....any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

If you have a little tunnel and make the slut bigger, it could take more of everything. Ask your guy for more information... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by skatsuba View Post

That's my pic of my tunnel showing the hole for the pressure relief valve. That is not a alum pump shoe, but a sanded down pump shoe. It may look like aluminum but it's not.

I would like to make the tunnel smaller to go faster on top end and help elliminate the overstuff. We gave up trying at 88mph, anything over that would require a smaller tunnel or different approch to relieve pump pressure.

I wish someone would make a aluminum pump show for the x boats

+1
    I think I remember JD-1 talking about fabricating an aluminum pump shoe a couple of years ago. He was developing so much power at MB3 or 4 that he ripped the plastic pump shoe out one of those years.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...inum+pump+shoe

Thread Information