Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1

Question FZS/FZR Wave Jumping

Hello Yamaha Addicts,

I've snuck over here from the Kawi section to ask a couple of questions about the FZR/FZS. I'm looking at picking up an FZR/FZS in the next couple of months

How are these boats holding up to wave jumping? While I have the STX-R for jumping, I'm worried that if I'm riding an FZS and a "fully sic set comes rolling in" I wont be able to help myself

How do they hold up to some big landings? Has anyone broken anything (hull, engine or pump/steering)? How do they feel hitting a good wave, in comparision to a GPR (or STX-R if anyone has ridden one and happy to admit it).

Finally, post up some pics or video of some jumps if you have them.

Thanks, Mal.

+1
    Hi Mal

about time you saw the light champ mate i havet seen any photo's my self on the wave jumping on a FZR/FSR .

i my self wouldnt jump waves on mine as i would be worried any thing coming lose all my go fast bits like intercooler ect.

and mate i have seen you in action my friend would let you ride my ski any time but no one in HELL WOULD I LET YOU JUMP WAVES your a mad man lol.

maybe some can post some photos of them jumping the FZR/FSR .

have seen a photo of a ski that had damage form down under but im pretty sure this ski bottom out in shollow water my self as it did some damage on the rear of the ski as well as the side damage.

too me it looked like it just hit the sand or some thing solid.

see you at nelson bay champ on the 4th december for our jetski weekend should be a great turn out and many of ski's

cheers
    tony

+1
    hahaha, nar I wouldn't even dream of jumping your ski. Besides, If I pulled the trigger going up a wave who knows where I'd land.. probably in another state.

I'm looking at ordering an FZS in a couple of weeks (while the dollar is strong). I'd keep in mostly stock... like yours hahahahaha.

Can't wait for Nelson Bay

+1
    Surely you can get more air on an FZR or FZS than I can on my whale of a SHO. But it's going to depend on the rider. This isn't even on teh ocean. Just off a yacht wake in the muddy Mississippi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Surely you can get more air on and FZR or FZS than I can on my whale of a SHO. But it's going to depend on the rider. This isn't even on teh ocean. Just off a yacht wake in the muddy Mississippi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    awesome photo's Hitman

Mal is a wild chid when he see's a few sets of waves cant help him self like a big kid once he start jumping and dam good at it as well

+1
    i go out on my SHO. . 125 hrs on it . . no prob. and on wednesday i went out there 2 up and jumping !!! hahaha great time !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    I don't mess around fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR N View Post
    awesome photo's Hitman

Mal is a wild chid when he see's a few sets of waves cant help him self like a big kid once he start jumping and dam good at it as well
    Thanks man. I'm the same way. The photos look grainy becasue they are 100% crops. In the original photos I'm too far away to see much so I zommed in and cropped off the other stuff so you can see the ski better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Surely you can get more air on an FZR or FZS than I can on my whale of a SHO. But it's going to depend on the rider. This isn't even on teh ocean. Just off a yacht wake in the muddy Mississippi.

Nice air dude!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR N View Post
    awesome photo's Hitman

I can't help it Tony. Even when I go out and say to myself "ok, I'm not going to jump waves today" before I know it my hands are directing me to an incoming set, all while I'm thinking "what am I doing" then Yeeeehaaaarr.

WARNING - Never, ever, lend me your ski at Ettalong, I can't be held responsible for what I may do with it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information