Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

VX Deluxe pisser not pissing

I've already talked to a bunch of people about this but wanted more opinions. I was riding my VX on wednesday and flushed it on Thursday when I noticed the pisser wasnt working. Water still comes out of the pump but it normally shoots water out of the pisser too. I left it flushing for about a half hour and it didn't overheat or anything so I know the water is getting to the engine. Anyone have a problem like this before? Dealer said something probably clogged up the hose, but I don't trust what they say. Any input is appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    I've already talked to a bunch of people about this but wanted more opinions. I was riding my VX on wednesday and flushed it on Thursday when I noticed the pisser wasnt working. Water still comes out of the pump but it normally shoots water out of the pisser too. I left it flushing for about a half hour and it didn't overheat or anything so I know the water is getting to the engine. Anyone have a problem like this before? Dealer said something probably clogged up the hose, but I don't trust what they say. Any input is appreciated.
    You should always have water coming out of the port side on any yami ski. That is the engine cooling water. The right side is the intercooler on yami supercharged skis. I would guess you have poor water pressure or a hose might be kinked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    You should always have water coming out of the port side on any yami ski. That is the engine cooling water. The right side is the intercooler on yami supercharged skis. I would guess you have poor water pressure or a hose might be kinked.
    +1

low water pressure or the ski was tilted (not level)

+1
    You guys might have a point, when I flushed it at first the ski was propped up on a couple of coolers. So the nose was pointed up. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. But i've tried it level, still nothing and with the nose down and still nothing. Water pressure might also be an issue so I'll try it on another hose. Thanks for the input.

+1
    You guys might have a point, when I flushed it at first the ski was propped up on a couple of coolers. So the nose was pointed up. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. But i've tried it level, still nothing and with the nose down and still nothing. Water pressure might also be an issue so I'll try it on another hose. Thanks for the input.
    water pressure could be the issues like I said before but you should always be getting water out of the port side even with poor water pressure. I would try a different hose for sure but also check the hoses in the ski to make sure none of them are kinked or blocked.

+1
    Hazer, just trade that rental ski in for something with bigger cojones.

It's pretty hard for any large debris to get sucked through the stock pump strainer...maybe a little sand got into the cooling line. I'd take it out and give it a good hard run & see if flushes better on the hose afterwards. Just make sure you have water coming out the pisser when you run it.

+1
    the hose to the pisser might of fell off....get someone to blow back through it and put your head in the hull and listen ..

but i would think water pressure or nose to high

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    the hose to the pisser might of fell off....get someone to blow back through it and put your head in the hull and listen ..

but i would think water pressure or nose to high
    Good point...check the hoses before you run it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Good point...check the hoses before you run it.
    yer i was chasing a leak after a rebuild on my gpr for ages

Did you pinch off the line running to the strainer? That will force all the water to the engine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information