Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Seatow or Towboat US

I've made the decision to become a member of either Seatow or Towboat US. I'll be riding solo quite often so this will give me piece of mind. Anyone have an opinion on either company?

+1
    Towboat US from what I've heard from all my boating friends and mechanics.

+1
    Never used Seatow, but the service from Boat US is top notch. They towed my Cal 28(sailboat) into Lighthouse Point once & they arrived quickly. I don't remember how much the tow insurance was, but I think it was cheaper for me since I had my boat insured through them. I was also impressed with their claims service. They had an adjuster out the same day after my boat sunk in hurricane Francis. I think they give a discount on tow insurance if you sign up for the Westmarine rewards program($20)...you get $50 free even if you don't pay for extended coverage. When you are deciding on how much coverage to buy, just remember they also charge you for the time it takes them to get to you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Never used Seatow, but the service from Boat US is top notch. They towed my Cal 28(sailboat) into Lighthouse Point once & they arrived quickly. I don't remember how much the tow insurance was, but I think it was cheaper for me since I had my boat insured through them. I was also impressed with their claims service. They had an adjuster out the same day after my boat sunk in hurricane Francis. I think they give a discount on tow insurance if you sign up for the Westmarine rewards program($20)...you get $50 free even if you don't pay for extended coverage. When you are deciding on how much coverage to buy, just remember they also charge you for the time it takes them to get to you.
    Very good info. Thank you!

+1
    If you have insurance check with them first. I have tow covrage for 75 nautical miles through progressive on my plan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    If you have insurance check with them first. I have tow covrage for 75 nautical miles through progressive on my plan
    I also have progressive. I will check with them. Thanks!

when im riding in our area Jeff it seems i always see plenty of seatow boats about and honestly i cannot remember ever seeing a boat US boat around.

yeah i agree myself im going to purchase a personal Emergency locator beacon which some of the guys liking to make these long rides across to a certain island should be carrying!

yeah i have progressive as well maybe i need tom see if i have tow INS too and if so then if we get stranded we just call progressive and let them send out a tow

+1
    when im riding in our area Jeff it seems i always see plenty of seatow boats about and honestly i cannot remember ever seeing a boat US boat around +1 I always bring a rope and have a few buds around just in case! Cost a bit of gas for your mate~! Lee

+1
    i belong to seatow,but boatus is ok as well(westmarine stores were originally boat-us stores.
    check which is more local in your area.
    must say the boatus flyer you get(few times a year)is a lot better then the sea-tow mag(jmo)

I have boat us , I have the unlimited towing package , I have used the service many times and they are great . I recommend it

I have heard horror stories about sea tow all over the internet , apparently they have some crazy polkicy on a "salvage" tow . google - sea tow horror stories , or - sea tow salvage policy , and youll see it . I would never use sea tow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information