Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bitter Sweet

+1

Bitter Sweet

Took my Cruiser out for the first time since getting some goodies installed.

All installs were done by R3_killa

My mod list is as follows (also in my sig)

• Intake Manifold Upgrade
    • Free Flow Exhaust
    • Pump Tunnel Re-inforcement
    • R&D SHO High Performance Ride Plate
    • R&D SHO Aquavein Intake Grate
    • RIVA Sponsoons
    • Modded Stock Prop (not sure of the pitch maybe R3 could chime in)
    • RIVA Intercooler
    • HKS BOV
    I got 2 runs 70.2 and 70.6 GPS. Then the alarm buzzer came on......again. Only one pisser is working half way. The front pisser pisses pretty good the rear works when it feels like but neither with any pressure to speak of. Now the very first day I took my ski out I got the alarm on, but I wasn't sure what it was. I turned it off and back on and all was good for about 4-5 hours. Then it came on again another day. Turned it off turned it on and all was well. Fast forward to 18.6 hours and after all of the above parts are installed alarm starts buzzing. So I got a speed that I said I was trying for +70mph so I'm happy but the fact that I can't ride it pisses me off!!

Whenever I get it sorted I'm thinking about 13/24 prop and maybe a C1 wheel and an RIVA Intake or a self made one like I saw on the forum .

What's the biggest wheel you can get without getting a powershot or Afermarket ECU. I don't want to get a aftermarket ECU as I'm not into racing but who knows what will happen next year. Prop and upgraded wheel will probably mysteriously find its way on my craft by Jan/Feb.

+1
    You need an intake, like really bad. I have similar mods and ran a best of 71.6 but that was in 50 degree weather.

+1
    Yea, I'm definitely going to get an intake I just can't imagine paying +$200 for piece of bent metal. I'm going to look into that home made one that I saw, I just need to find a stock air box setup as I don't want to cut mine.

How is the JD Intake working, do you prefer that over the RIVA?

By biggest concern now is geting the overheating sorted.
    Last edited by rcapone; 11-14-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: removed my signature

I like my jd intake, you can realy hear it sucking air. I havent tried the Riva one so i cant compare the two.

can you post a sound clip of the JD air intake

I dont have the equipment to do it but im sure there is someone with the intake will.

that would be verry cool

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK SHO View Post
    I like my jd intake,
    Where do you have the air coming in from? Can you post a picture?

I had f/f exhaust and intake manifold and a modified stock airbox and it ran great. I then changed to a riva air intake and it is actually very nicely made, the nice bit is the part that bolts onto the supercharger( better than just a piece of pipe). My ski now def pulls harder but it hits the boost limiter and is actually a bit slower on top than with the modified airbox.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    Yea, I'm definitely going to get an intake I just can't imagine paying +$200 for piece of bent metal. I'm going to look into that home made one that I saw, I just need to find a stock air box setup as I don't want to cut mine.

How is the JD Intake working, do you prefer that over the RIVA?

By biggest concern now is geting the overheating sorted.
    I picked up some additoinal RPM with JD's intake. It's the best setup out so far (in my opinion) becasue it draws in MUCH cooler air from outside the ski instead of inside the hot engine compartment. I have had ZERO issue with water intrusion. JD's kit includes and nice little prefilter that repels any water that might sneak past the outer cowling.

I will try and make a little video tonight for you. I'll just have to re-fog my engine afterwards since I already winterized.

If you make your own kit, make sure a feed that supercharger with at least 4 inches (diameter) intake plumbing. JD's kit comes complete and ready to go bolt on though so you really can't beat it for the price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information