Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Modified SHO ride plate

Just got back seeing Jim in Tampa and got to test his modded stock ride plate and I had a 2.7 mph gain.

Just for comparison, he originally modded my stocker and I gained 2.2 mph, gave it back to him to perform his additional magic and gained another .5 mph.

Also for comparison, he modded my R & D ride plate and there was gain of 3.2 mph. The only problem with a modded R & D ride plate is it really loosens the ski up and you take the risk of overstuffing.Also, the R & D is crap in the chop.

The handling with this new cut on the stocker is really nice. Corners much nicer and the ski stays hooked up better offshore.

Nice work Jim and thanks.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Just got back seeing Jim in Tampa and got to test his modded stock ride plate and I had a 2.7 mph gain.

Just for comparison, he originally modded my stocker and I gained 2.2 mph, gave it back to him to perform his additional magic and gained another .5 mph.

Also for comparison, he modded my R & D ride plate and there was gain of 3.2 mph. The only problem with a modded R & D ride plate is it really loosens the ski up and you take the risk of overstuffing.Also, the R & D is crap in the chop.

The handling with this new cut on the stocker is really nice. Corners much nicer and the ski stays hooked up better offshore.

Nice! Is it one of his standard cuts or anything? Just about to yank the stock plate off my FZ and send it to him!!!

+1
    awesome! i will be sending him my stocker soon

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Nice! Is it one of his standard cuts or anything? Just about to yank the stock plate off my FZ and send it to him!!!
    I don't know if he is doing anything with FZ...you'll have to contact him directly.

+1
    I also saw the 2.2 mph gain with the plate when the mounting boses were just machined to add angle. An additional .5 mph is a nice bonus. That would have put me over 72 mph on my ski with stock boost.

I finished winterizing my ski this weekend and pulled my plate to ship it off.
    Last edited by hitman; 11-17-2009 at 10:56 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I also saw the 2.2 mph gain with the pate when the mounting boses were just machined to add angle. An additional .5 mph is a nice bonus. That would have put me over 72 mph on my ski with stock boost.

I finished winterizing my ski this weekend and pulled my plate to ship it off.
    nice speeds with stock boost,i think i will be sending my stock plate to jim soon the gains with the modded r&d plate are great but its alittle to loose up top

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post

do you think if i go up to tampa and meet up with jim, do you think jim can get the same type of speed gains on my fxho with the full riva rpm kit minus there plate??? jim if you can please chime in... thks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    do you think if i go up to tampa and meet up with jim, do you think jim can get the same type of speed gains on my fxho with the full riva rpm kit minus there plate??? jim if you can please chime in... thks
    If he can, you will probably see your biggest speed gain from a single bolt-on part yet.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    I can get you extra speed if you already have the riva plate i can mod that one or i can mod your stock one.

+1
    Is this new mod to the stock plate for the SHO what is listed in the GH store or is that the old mod?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information