+1

Help my daughter get to DC with JDRF.

Guys - I am asking for a favor on behalf of my 11 year old daughter Maddie. She is on a mission to get to Washington DC and help keep research funding for Juvenile Type 1 Diabetes alive.

To get there she has to win a raffle based on the number of Advocates she can get to sign up. She gets one chance for each Advocate. She has been near the top from day one and her and her mother have helped bring the Illinois chapter to the top of the list.

By signing up as an advocate you are saying you support her efforts and you will receive some information on what JDRF is doing to help the cause (via eMail). They dont ask for money or anything. It is all tasteful and some may find it interesting. It is not overwhelming. I get 3-4 emails a month. There are a few questions related to time and what you would like to do to help. You dont have to select anything there you just have to select what your connection is. You can even de-select the option for emails @ the very bottom. At tops it will take about two minutes to fill out the form.

Here is a link to her story and a link to sign up to be an advocate http://stw.jdrf.org/UserProfile.aspx?Use[/url]rID=5267[/url]. By using that link she gets another chance to go on the trip.

My family has been very impressed with the folks @ JDRF. Since day one they have always been there to help us with information and they have not asked for much in return.

About JDRF:
    JDRF is the leader in research leading to a cure for type 1 diabetes in the world. It sets the global agenda for diabetes research, and is the largest charitable funder and advocate of diabetes science worldwide.

The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, and can be fatal. Until a cure is found, people with type 1 diabetes have to test their blood sugar and give themselves insulin injections multiple times or use a pump each day, every day of their lives. And even with that intensive care, insulin is not a cure for diabetes, nor does it prevent its eventual and devastating complications, which may include kidney failure, blindness, heart disease, stroke, and amputation.

Since its founding in 1970 by parents of children with type 1 diabetes, JDRF has awarded more than $1.3 billion to diabetes research, including more than $156 million in FY2008. In FY2008, the Foundation funded more than 1,000 centers, grants in laboratories, hospitals, and industry, and fellowships in 22 countries.

+1
    I tried to fill it out but I need a US address

done

Thread Information