Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo LRV purchase

I am looking to purchase a 2000 LRV with 145 hours on the ski. Mechanic reports 130 psi on both cylinders. Never been rebuilt to their knowledge (engine or carbs) Looking to water test and possibly purchase this week. Any known problems with this particular model? If I do purchase, should I rebuild the carbs as a precaution? What about the top end? Compression seems fine but should I do anything to prevent future failures based on hours? Should the jet pump be rebuilt? Oil changed? Anything else that anyone can think of to make the ski worry free.

Thanks in advasnce.

+1
    No particular issues with the LRV other than the hugeness. Nice boat for what it can do.

'00 still had the gray fuel lines so if they are still on there you WILL want to change them out and clean the fuel system.

Other than that, once you get your Captain's certificate from the Merchant Marine you will be good to go riding (it is, big, get it...ah nevermind

+1
    that thing is a COUCH!! you dont see to many of those around.

first off make sure that it doesn't have any grey fuel lines in it. if so they will need to be changed out and carbs cleaned.

compresion is a bit on the low side (should be around 150) but it might just be their gauge. as long as they are even with each other it should be fine.

the hours on the ski are kinda high if it has the oringal motor in it and has never been rebuilt. theres no telling how long it will last.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I'd go through as mush as i could to get a good mechanical knowledge of it,ie grey fuel lines,carbs cleaned,rave valves cleaned and bellows and "O"rings replaced(don't change the red dials on top)impeller,wear ring and change jetpump oil.Oh and make sure the water isn't leaking between the pipe and exhaust manifold.

just my .02

+1
    130 is ok on a 947. You will not always get a healthy one to pump 150.

I would not shy away from a boat based on its hours, but I would adjust what I was willing to pay accordingly.

I would do all of the above and make sure the raves are clean, as well as the hoses going to the raves are clean and free from any defects.

Will that thing pull a tube or skier???
    The motorcycle shop down the road recently had one for sale and I was looking at it one day, Do people ride on those padded areas on each side?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhjesse View Post
    I would do all of the above and make sure the raves are clean, as well as the hoses going to the raves are clean and free from any defects.

Will that thing pull a tube or skier??? Yes. Tubes work better, though.
    The motorcycle shop down the road recently had one for sale and I was looking at it one day, Do people ride on those padded areas on each side? That's actually a sun deck - yes a sun deck on a PWC

+1
    I kind of like them them. They plane fast so pulling a tube is easy. A Gen II, or III GTX is better for ski and wake boards though.

They are kind of fun to ride too. Not fast (as if that was even in question) but you can spin them and all that stuff and you do NOT have to worry about flipping it. If I ever get a chance I will pick one up (like the wife will let me have another boat).

I have the same LRV (2000 carbed).
    First of all - It Is NOT a Couch...it is a Sectional.

It Will pull a skier and tube etc. Mine has consistently read 55-56mph on the dreamometer fwiw.

I love it and the fact that you can't flip it lets me rest easy when my kids take it out. Plus it is a great fishing platform if you are into fishing, with TONS of storage and plenty of room to move around.

The only thing I have had to replace is the starter, back when my brother owned it and it sunk due to not putting the plugs in.

Mine still has the greys and that is my winter project .. Compression on mine is still 140ish and it has over 200 hrs on it.

good luck if you buy it

Hey FM,
    Did you ever get that LRV?
    The way Greyrider describes His LRV make me want to go out and get one just to haul the grandkids around on. lol

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information