+1

Prop for stage 1 fzr

My fzr right now is bone stock, I'm thinking about getting the following:

Riva Air Intake
    Manifold upgrade
    Riva Exhaust
    R&D grate and seal kit
    JD Sponsons

What pitch prob should I be looking at? I was thinking a Dynafly 13/22R or a Skat Trak 12/22 . Sorry if this has already been covered, I searched but couldnt find anything. Whats the real difference with the Dynafly and the Skat Trak? Just a different brand or is there some other difference?

I ride 70% in ocean and 30% on lakes. I'm in New England so the water temperature never gets over 70 or so.

I'm looking for a good prop with minimal cavitation and good acceleration/ top speed.

Thanks a bunch everyone, this site is very helpful

I have the same mods you have listed +BOV and I'm running the 13/22 solas so far i've had good results with it. Nice top-end prop and very slight cavitation on holeshot good midrange as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    I have the same mods you have listed +BOV and I'm running the 13/22 solas so far i've had good results with it. Nice top-end prop and very slight cavitation on holeshot good midrange as well.
    I was thinking the Solas Dynafly because it is what Riva recommends with their stage 1 kit. I'm glad to hear you have had good performance, I don't mind a little cavitation out of the hole, I am looking for some nice acceleration and top speed. Thanks for the reply man

By the way, was yours 13/22 out of the box or did you have to repitch it? It seems to be a common trend that props are not exact out of the box.

X-Closed Course Racer xracer128's Avatar

Thumbs up

Mazy,

Check with David Stewart at Impros...tell him what you want, and he will make sure it is correct before it leaves the shop!

www.impros.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xracer128 View Post
    Mazy,

Check with David Stewart at Impros...tell him what you want, and he will make sure it is correct before it leaves the shop!

www.impros.com
    Yea this is what I planed on doing, I just want to figure out which pitch will be right for me. I just checked their website, it doesnt look like they have the 12/22R so I would have to send it to him.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I was thinking the Solas Dynafly because it is what Riva recommends with their stage 1 kit. I'm glad to hear you have had good performance, I don't mind a little cavitation out of the hole, I am looking for some nice acceleration and top speed. Thanks for the reply man

By the way, was yours 12/22 out of the box or did you have to repitch it? It seems to be a common trend that props are not exact out of the box.
    PM me if you want.... I have a dynafly 13/22r with 10 hrs on it....couldn't keep it 'cause I kept adding more stuff.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    PM me if you want.... I have a dynafly 13/22r with 10 hrs on it....couldn't keep it 'cause I kept adding more stuff.
    PM sent. I'm still trying to determine if the Solas Dynafly 13/22R will be the best pitch for me.... anyone think different? My climate is a lot cooler than most of you so wouldn't that mean I might want a steeper pitch?

+1
    I am running a 13/23 skat swirl prop and have similar mods and it's ALMOST a tiny bit too much prop, espicially when I'm full of fuel. You're in quite a bit cooler dryer climate than most of us so you you might be just fine with it. If not, you could call up Impros or Skat and send them your stocker to have it repitched from a 12/20 to a 12/23. That would save you a little money. That worked really well for me (got me off the rev limiter) until I got the 13/23 and I did lose a little bit of accelleration and holeshot when over half full of fuel. The 13 degree leading edge seems like it may be just a tad too much.

You've got a lot of options. If you want it to be perfect you're going to have to tweak whatever you get to get your RPMs Probably can't go wrong with the 13/22R either. In fact.. that may even be your best bet with the FZ.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I am running a 13/23 skat swirl prop and have similar mods and it's ALMOST a tiny bit too much prop, espicially when I'm full of fuel. You're in quite a bit cooler dryer climate than most of us so you you might be just fine with it. If not, you could call up Impros or Skat and send them your stocker to have it repitched from a 12/20 to a 12/23. That would save you a little money. That worked really well for me (got me off the rev limiter) until I got the 13/23 and I did lose a little bit of accelleration and holeshot when over half full of fuel. The 13 degree leading edge seems like it may be just a tad too much.

You've got a lot of options. If you want it to be perfect you're going to have to tweak whatever you get to get your RPMs Probably can't go wrong with the 13/22R either. In fact.. that may even be your best bet with the FZ.
    I think the 13/22R would be a good bet based on the recomendations I've been getting. Early and late in the season it can be 65 and dry but in the summer its still 90 and humid.... Just trying to get best of both worlds.

I figure I'll get the 13/22R and if its not steep enough I'll send it to the guys at Impros.

I just read your signature... you got the IC which adds some horsepower so I think the 13/23 would be too much for me. (I might be wrong, I got a lot to learn when it comes to props)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I think the 13/22R would be a good bet based on the recomendations I've been getting. Early and late in the season it can be 65 and dry but in the summer its still 90 and humid.... Just trying to get best of both worlds.

I figure I'll get the 13/22R and if its not steep enough I'll send it to the guys at Impros.

I just read your signature... you got the IC which adds some horsepower so I think the 13/23 would be too much for me. (I might be wrong, I got a lot to learn when it comes to props)
    I'm still on stock boost so I'm not gaining very much from my intercooler if any. I only did it along with removing the intake ribbon becasue I had the entire intake manifold off the ski.

Think of it this way. The stock intercooler is plenty efficient to for stock boost, so just a bigger core with no extra boost isn't really doing much. Now when I go and up the boost, then my intercooler will far exceed the limitations of the small stock one.

Really I think you'll be ok with either a 13/23 OR a 13/22R. Just threw out the idea of repitching the stocker for if you want to try and save some money.

One thing abou the 13/22R, if if you decide to go bigger boost later on, it will definitely not be enough prop. You might be able to choke the pump down with the RIVA adjustble ring nozzle, but I'm not too sure. Maybe 501criag could chime in. He's been messing around with prop on his FZ.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information