Thread: Efi = Stumped

+1

Efi = Stumped

I finally got the EFI into the ski. I transplanted an 06 into a 00. After installing everything, I put the efi on the ski. Now, the ski will turn, but won't start. Checked to make sure we had spark, checked out good. We then noticed that the fuel pump would come on if you held the start button up to 5 seconds, anything after that and it would not cycle after letting off the start button. Then you have to wait for the bilge to shut before you can turn the boat over to hear the pump. If you hold it for longer than 5 to 7 seconds and then let off the start button, you can hear the bilge but not the fuel pump.
    I've primed the motor by pulling the plugs out and turning it over and over and over till I figured fuel has to be in the line. But no such luck, it will turn over repeatedly. I can even turn it over after holding the start button for 10 seconds, waiting a second, then hit it again, but fuel pump won't cycle that way. Only way it cycles is if you let the bilge finish up, then hit the button.
    Brand new gas tank, fuel lines, motor, etc. I am stumped, any ideas?
    SHOOTER

+1
    will it run if you unplug the EFI?

+1
    never got around to trying that. Unplug the efi and hook it up like stock? I will try that out.
    SHOOTER

+1
    okay, mikey unplugged it and it still does the same thing. Sometimes the fuel pump comes on, sometimes it don't. Checked voltage to plug on wire that plugs into fuel pump, no voltage. Any ideas?
    SHOOTER

+1
    do you have the water temp sendor hooked up to harnass and installed into a water source such as the rear top stinger hose....i left this off once and ski wont start....also if the cat temp sensor is not hooked up or the cat removal chip installed in its place, motor will not start....hope this helps

+1
    Check your grounds and connections.Thats were i would start.

+1
    Brand new boat, all connections are clean and my ground is good to go. I pulled the fuel line off to see if the fuel pump was getting pressure, to anyone that does this, keep your face clear of the front compartment, it will spray and bounce off stuff and out the hole, hahahaha.
    The only thing I can think of is gunked up fuel injectors, Rich and Mikey were right on that one. After seeing that the riva boat that was suppose to be brand new has 11.7 hours on it, makes me wonder whats going on with that. Also thanks to Rocketman for the pm, I did not realize that it would not fire up with the throttle pulled. I had it pulled the entire time.
    Well, tomorrow we see if we have to clean it out or not. Thanks for the tips guys. The ski does have spark, turns over strong, so we'll see tomorrow night.
    SHOOTER

+1
    It sounds like I am having the simular problem please let me know what you find...
    Last edited by Lvnspeed; 08-27-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Thread Information