Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sxr

+1

Sxr

Hi,

I own an SXR now. I have had it for three weeks and one day. I love it.

Once you get used to it, you find out the thing can really carve. I laid it down flat for the first time the other day and some how pulled out of it (after inhaling three gallons of water).

Anyways, new to Kawasaki, but not to PWC, and I love my SXR. It matches my Yellow Polaris.

Could use some help on doing a sub on the thing though..

Trying to help start some kawi threads
    Last edited by absentx; 08-27-2006 at 01:34 AM.

+1
    Ya know. I think there will eventually be more and more standup folks coming to GH. They are certainly welcome. You may find yourself on the tip of the razor here. Unfortunately, unless somebody chimes in this may not be the best place to ask....

Now with that said, when you DO figure it out, don't be afraid to post your findings and results. You may find out that more folks wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

+1
    i have 2 SXr's, and i love them. i have an 03, and an 04. both set up for stock class racing.

when trying to do subs, first, PLEASE be sure you are in deep water, so you do not hit anything below.

start by getting good at bunny hops. then go along at about 20mph or so, and give it a hop. push forward on the bars, and get the nose to go under. blip the throttle some, and brace yourself. you will get hit in the face, chest, ect with a big wave of water.

keep at it , and you will get it. jsut like i said earlier, make sure you are in deep water. i have gone down for so long, and deep, that the water above me gets calm, and the motor starts stalling from lack of air.

hope this helps. i am by no means a freestyle expert.

zig

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    What zig said but also wedge your feet against the side of the tray as far back as possible and literally lift up the back of the ski with your legs.

This is exactly the type of thread that Greekhulk/X-H2o teamed up for.

We have quite a bit of help on this exact thing on x-h2o.com but I'll help out here also.

Do you have footholds or lifters or anything?

Regardless, the SXR is hard to get to jump without extra power and/or chopping the rideplate.

The basics: prejump, get the ski up out of the water a little so it settles down further, then nail it, pull the front up to get air, once you leave the water, lift the back with your feet either with footholds/lifters or by pressing against the sides of the tray, and push the nose down and duck your head behind the pole. Once you enter the water, nail the gas again to pull you down.

Here's the thread I'm thinking of that was recent and very detailed.
    http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?t=4917

Here's a shot showing how I do them:

+1
    First off, John Z... I hear ya on the water depth.

I consider everything around me and under me before I get crazy on my ski's

I have gotten pretty good at the bunny hop thing, and I can put the nose under enough to get completely drenched but not much more. I can't put it under water at all.

No footholds yet. I thought it would be important to actually learn how to ride a standup before I started ripping the mats off to put in footholds!! They are coming soon though...

But it kind of sounds like you guys are saying if I put my feet on the edge of the footwells and push out I can lift the back end up to help angle the nose into the water, even without footwells?

Oh btw, I just keep forgetting to go to Xh20, great site though. I will get back there now that I own a stand up!
    Last edited by absentx; 09-06-2006 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by absentx
    I have gotten pretty good at the bunny hop thing, and I can put the nose under enough to get completely drenched but not much more. I can't put it under water at all.

No footholds yet. I thought it would be important to actually learn how to ride a standup before I started ripping the mats off to put in footholds!! They are coming soon though...

But it kind of sounds like you guys are saying if I put my feet on the edge of the footwells and push out I can lift the back end up to help angle the nose into the water, even without footwells?
    I would say yes, though with the SXR's extra weight having footholds would give you a much better advantage and control on your entry angle. If you have some scrap turf laying around, you could build up some lifters and glue them on for now just to give your toes something to grab.

Glad to see other fellow Stand ups on this forum

+1
    That looks like a lot of fun. I may have to get me a standup one day

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    That looks like a lot of fun. I may have to get me a standup one day
    BUT YOU RIDE WITH ALLIGATORS?!

No way in hell would I get in the water with those on a standup.

Seems like it'd be like surfers and sharks...good mix there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information