Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

worx or pro-tec intake grate

For my GPR conversion i am looking for the best hook up grate with the least amount of cavitation on hole shots and the best quality i do not want a grate with the speeds i will be doing to crack, Does anyone know of any issues with over stuffing on high speed runs or cracking grates with the pro-tec or the worx grate. I have never used a pro-tec or a worx grate for a GPR anyone who has can they please chime in and share all there info. The stainless 800 is out of the question i do not want to build just a top end ski i want to build a all around ski. Thank you, Jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    For my GPR conversion i am looking for the best hook up grate with the least amount of cavitation on hole shots and the best quality i do not want a grate with the speeds i will be doing to crack, Does anyone know of any issues with over stuffing on high speed runs or cracking grates with the pro-tec or the worx grate. I have never used a pro-tec or a worx grate for a GPR anyone who has can they please chime in and share all there info. The stainless 800 is out of the question i do not want to build just a top end ski i want to build a all around ski. Thank you, Jim
    Jim,

although the worx grate is a hell of a rough water hang on ill rip your arms off out of the hole grate. It over stuffs like a mofo @ about 68 mph on a normal gpr. If you run this grate better have your pump tunnel pressures under control big time. Not sure if the normal relief system we are running would be enough.

I cant comment on the protec grate...never used one.

+1
    Jim, check out the link from Pro-tec. The 1200 and 1300 grates are different. The 1200 has the wings cut on the sides.

http://www.pro-tecperformance.com/moflowgrates.htm

+1
    Jim, check out my post from 2004 from the Riva forum. I tested the R&D single and double as well as the Protec:

http://rivaforums.com/eve/forums/a/t...9677#796109677

God, that brings back memories. Top speed was less than 73 mph, and me and Nando had the fastest skis out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    Jim,

although the worx grate is a hell of a rough water hang on ill rip your arms off out of the hole grate. It over stuffs like a mofo @ about 68 mph on a normal gpr. If you run this grate better have your pump tunnel pressures under control big time. Not sure if the normal relief system we are running would be enough.

I cant comment on the protec grate...never used one.
    I can`t say that I`ve experienced this. I never did a back to back test so I also can`t comment what the speed differences are from Stock VS Riva VS Worx. when switching grates the conditions were not the same from day to day.

I can say that I went over 68 with the Worx and did not experience over stuffing. I can also say that even 71-72 WOT runs were fantastic, no issues.

My feeling is that the Worx grate "felt" like it had better hook up from holeshot to WOT in smooth water and "felt like it performed and hooked up better in the rough.

I am still in the adjusting stages to the GPR now with trying to keep it planted and less air time in the rougher waters.

I am left without any answers to what suits best, taking everything into consideration, plate type, angle, prop size, shimmed or not shimmed tabs, tab length all contribute to best overall rough water ride...

so, I will be trying the Worx grate again with my adjusted set-up and see, but it won`t be until next year folks...

Good Luck Jim, and keep us posted with your results.

Moderated
    are the single bar r&d's known to break at high speed 80+ sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Jim, check out my post from 2004 from the Riva forum. I tested the R&D single and double as well as the Protec:

http://rivaforums.com/eve/forums/a/t...9677#796109677

God, that brings back memories. Top speed was less than 73 mph, and me and Nando had the fastest skis out there!
    Dave, excellent info! between you , Phillip, Mark and others who posted, excellent info!

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    If you buy a worx grate and it doesnt workfor you, ill buy it from you. So there is no risk there

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    are the single bar r&d's known to break at high speed 80+ sort of thing
    Single bar is out of the question you are correct Izzo at very high speeds they will crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Racecar_Dave View Post
    If you buy a worx grate and it doesnt workfor you, ill buy it from you. So there is no risk there
    hahahahahahha, I had one for sale for the longest time, and no one even looked at it... hahahaha...
    now it`s back on my ski...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information