Anyone registered a jet ski in Ga?

I need some help. I bought a 96 XP and all I have is the FL title which was transferred/sold to someone back in 02 but they never swapped the title over.

Georgia requires a bill of sale (notarized) or a certified letter sent to whoever I bought it from (doesn't have to be named on the title or anywhere else) that has been refused for proof of trying to contact. So either one of these I can do.

Georgia also requires the title (if coming from a title state) which I have AND previous registration card from my understanding of the form. Now the thing hasn't been registered since 01 and no numbers or card from back then either.

What do I do? I am going to call tomorrow but this is driving me crazy.

See form here https://hfwa.centraltechnology.net/g...pplication.pdf

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Runner View Post
    I need some help. I bought a 96 XP and all I have is the FL title which was transferred/sold to someone back in 02 but they never swapped the title over.

Georgia requires a bill of sale (notarized) or a certified letter sent to whoever I bought it from (doesn't have to be named on the title or anywhere else) that has been refused for proof of trying to contact. So either one of these I can do.

Georgia also requires the title (if coming from a title state) which I have AND previous registration card from my understanding of the form. Now the thing hasn't been registered since 01 and no numbers or card from back then either.

What do I do? I am going to call tomorrow but this is driving me crazy.

See form here https://hfwa.centraltechnology.net/g...pplication.pdf

Just write up a bill of sale for it and send that in..That is all i have ever done...Never been certified or notarized.....

+1
    YEP, just write a handwritten bill of sale, put any date you want and any price ( keep it real low so you dont pay any taxes ) and send it in.

GA requires a notarized bill of sale.

I went round and round with them that the law does not require it however they would not register the craft till I had the title and a notarized bill of sale.

They use a third party out of Virginia to actually do all of this and they were a real pain to deal with.

I do not know any way around the notarized bill of sale.

Kevin
    Acworth, GA

04 GPR

+1
    so write up a bill of sale and take it to a Pak Mail or some place that does notary and have it done....Send it in...

Ga cant require a title for a ski becasue there are no titles on PWC in GA...Just an MSO(Manufacturers Sales Order---Bill of sale)

Thread Information