Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new guy with FZR

Hi I'm elliott

I've only been on the forum for a day now and have learned so much. I have never owned a ski beffor and two months ago I purchased a new 09 fzr. As you can tell from my sig. I love to go fast, but I'm not tha familar with pwc. So what are the must do mods for the fzr?

TIA.

+1
    Welcome to the forum Elliot and congrats on the new ski. Great choice IMO.

First thing is research. Read Green Hulk's build thread and then re-read it about five more times because it will answer most of the questions you will have about modding your FZR (which mods, what order, etc...).

I have found that money will buy speed but knowlege is needed to get the maximum speed and be safe too. There a bunch of very smart people on this forum that will help you learn.

+1
    Welcome to the forum Elliot!

Your first mods should be an intake grate (R&D) along with the pump seal kit.
    Also an air intake, intake manifold upgrade, exhaust and impeller.

You can check my build up thread to see how each of these modifications helps performance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by perk_1405 View Post
    Hi I'm elliott

I've only been on the forum for a day now and have learned so much. I have never owned a ski beffor and two months ago I purchased a new 09 fzr. As you can tell from my sig. I love to go fast, but I'm not tha familar with pwc. So what are the must do mods for the fzr?

TIA.
    Welcome Elliott.

It depends on how much you want to spend, how fast you want to go, and how fast you want to get there?
    The "build up" thread at the top of the page is the first "must do" for the fzr.
    Btw.... all Riva and R&D products in Jerry's store are 10% if you put "greenhulk" in the coupon code.

Thanks for the response guys. I have read the whole 136 pages of green hulks build and my wife is gonna be mad b/c I have to order some go fast parts. How do I pick an impeller? I plan on getting the r&d grate, riva intake and through hull exhaust, replace the restricive manafold ribbon thing and possibly a bov. I want this thing to rip out the hole, but I don't want to skimp on the top end either. I do some inlet wave hopping or mostly stay in the water way.

I have noticed a few times it has cavitated in stock form, when I nail it from idle. Green hulk what fixed your cavitation issue, wasn't it doing it out of the box?

welcome to the forum and CONGRATS on a great ski the more you ride it and mod it the more u will love it as far as intake grates here's my take on it lol the R&D is prob the best over all and better for the chop, however the TBM we tested was really good for holeshot, believe it or not cut out all cavitation on holeshot but not quit as good in chop, so i feel more of a smooth water grate

+1
    Have you had the Viper Truck to the track? How'd it run?

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Have you had the Viper Truck to the track? How'd it run?

Welcome.
    Haha yeah.. its been to the track. I haven't posted any times but if they had a burn out contest I would have wone. It got looooooooosssse throught the first three gears. I gotta find some slicks for it. Its a hoss on the street its embarssed quiet a few vetts and cobras. Lol

U got a street truck? Hitman

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by perk_1405 View Post
    Haha yeah.. its been to the track. I haven't posted any times but if they had a burn out contest I would have wone. It got looooooooosssse throught the first three gears. I gotta find some slicks for it. Its a hoss on the street its embarssed quiet a few vetts and cobras. Lol

U got a street truck? Hitman
    My shit is nowhere near yours. I haven't even thrown on an intake and tune yet.

Looks like you've got a built motor. Plan on putting any boost or N02 to it?

Viper truck huh? Please don't do this

Dodge SRT-10 Burnout and Roll-Over Crash*Video

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information