Thread: SL Cover

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar

SL Cover

Looking for a CHEAP cover to put over my SL650 for the winter. Unfortunately space in the garage has gotten smaller and I must keep the ski outside. Just need something to keep the snow and rain off of it. I can repair small holes in the canvas, or seams that are splitting. I am not looking for fancy, just functional.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Plastic tarp with rags on the handlebar ends to prevent tears worked for me the first year outside. $9

Past 2 years has had a Polaris cover witrh the plastic tarp over it.

Here in the states, theres a home improvement store called Menards. They have them pretty cheap. Not sure if you have them up there.

How well would a universal snowmobile cover work? I found a shop here that has them for cheap, about $20. Not good for towing, but for keeping the snow and sun off of it, it would probably do. I just don't want to waste $20 if it wouldn't fit at all...

Name:  PRA_PR0013_142_Event%2019%20Complete_0014_img7.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  3.3 KB
    ^^^^^^^^
    Looks like this

Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    How well would a universal snowmobile cover work? I found a shop here that has them for cheap, about $20. Not good for towing, but for keeping the snow and sun off of it, it would probably do. I just don't want to waste $20 if it wouldn't fit at all...

Name:  PRA_PR0013_142_Event%2019%20Complete_0014_img7.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  3.3 KB
    ^^^^^^^^
    Looks like this
    I doubt if it will fit. I mistakenly got a large snowmobile cover in a bunch of Polaris Jet Ski parts that I purchased from a closed down dealership. For the heck of it, I gave it a try and it wasn't even close to fitting.

There are a couple on ebay going cheap.

I saw a guy pulling a pair of Polaris ski's today. They both had factory covers on them and looked really nice. With all of the used ski's being sold off for parts and such around here, I find it amazing that there aren't any used covers for sale. Anyone got one of those factory covers for the SL? There has to be one around!

+1
    There are a couple on ebay right now, but your going to pay 75 to 100 right now and 125 to 150 in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    I saw a guy pulling a pair of Polaris ski's today. They both had factory covers on them and looked really nice. With all of the used ski's being sold off for parts and such around here, I find it amazing that there aren't any used covers for sale. Anyone got one of those factory covers for the SL? There has to be one around!
    There are lots of used and new Polaris factory covers for sale, the problem is the price and condition. The older style red/purple covers do not hold up to sunlight very well and are often times very faded and have holes or thin spots in them. Four to five years ago, I was buying brand new Polaris SL covers for $40 bucks a piece off of ebay. Now they want $100-$150 which is getting pricey. Even used ones with small holes are going for $50 on up. Last week off ebay, I purchase a super nice aftermarket fitted cover for my 99 SLX. This wasn't the cheap ones that you see all of the time on ebay. It was a thick polyester and cotton blend material with elastic bottom. As good or better quality than the OEM ones just not a pretty being it didn't have the Polaris logo. I paid $37 for it delivered to my door.

there is a guy down the road from me selling covers on ebay (his name on ebay is ful4fun or somethign like that), I know he has dust covers for pretty cheap if you want actual covers, otherwise I would just get a tarp that blocks UV and you should be good to go.

I just bought a new OEM sl650 cover from him for $139...it was my xmas gift to my wife since it's her ski so that's how I got away with it heh.

Thread Information