Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Need help with RE's block offs

Need help aligning the RE's block offs...does anyone have a tip how to do it right?
    For some reason I cant get them straight with the bottom and straight with the side.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Didn't really help....I'm having a problem aligning it up...for some reason when its flush on the bottom it not flush up top....not really sure is it better to have them slightly up towards the end or completely straight with the bottom.

Mine don't align on the bottom and top/sides. It's just the way they are made. I've also got a gap on the leading edge. I thought I would get a better fit for the money, but not in this case.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    Mine don't align on the bottom and top/sides. It's just the way they are made. I've also got a gap on the leading edge. I thought I would get a better fit for the money, but not in this case.
    Same here.

Now looking to see what is the best way to set it up for what I got.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Same here.

Now looking to see what is the best way to set it up for what I got.
    The RE's are not supposed to line up with the bottom because they the hull has a hook in it. Put a straight edge on the bottom of the hull starting in front of the block-offs and make sure they are'nt hanging down in the rear. You do not want them to follow the hook in the rear of the hull. Also, the REs dont fit as well as the rivas but once installed correctly they work great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    The RE's are not supposed to line up with the bottom because they the hull has a hook in it. Put a straight edge on the bottom of the hull starting in front of the block-offs and make sure they are'nt hanging down in the rear. You do not want them to follow the hook in the rear of the hull. Also, the REs dont fit as well as the rivas but once installed correctly they work great.

Okay...the bottom is straight...is it better to go slightly up or does it matter?
    What about the mid section of the RE's should they be straight...that's the one I'm having trouble with...if the bottom is straight the mid section is off...but if I get the mid section straight too, then there is a slight lift on the bottom.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    +1
    I recently took mine off of my RXT which is a little different but I redrilled all the holes to have more adjustability to them. Before they had a hook to them, now they are straight. Best advice I can give is dry fit them first. Then once you are happy with the fitment, put Right stuff silicone around the holes and on the edges and fit them up. They work great but fitment is a little bit of a pain.

+1
    Okay...the bottom is straight...is it better to go slightly up or does it matter?
    What about the mid section of the RE's should they be straight...that's the one I'm having trouble with...if the bottom is straight the mid section is off...but if I get the mid section straight too, then there is a slight lift on the bottom.
    With the REs, I like to have them slightly angled up at the rear bottom.

+1
    Didn't really help....I'm having a problem aligning it up...for some reason when its flush on the bottom it not flush up top....not really sure is it better to have them slightly up towards the end or completely straight with the bottom.
    BlackHawk,

I have them flush with the bottom. I had some problems on the top. I used The Right Stuff to seal they look good and clean. I don't have no drag or proposing going on. I would not worry about the top the most improtant is the bottom to be flush with the hull. I hope you to care of that three blade impeller you was talking me about at the Hydro.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information